Thursday, January 29, 2009

Another Snow Day and a card

Snow Days!


The kids have been home now for 3 straight days because of the snow/ice! Yesterday they got to venture out into it to dig us out. So of course mom had to go try out her new camera with a SNOW setting!! (don't ask me what it does, happen to find it when I was trying to change it from Sport setting! lol)

Close up of Allie.

Jorden loves the snow. Yes, she has two different gloves on.. couldn't find a pair anywhere that fit her but these two!

I love this one of Benjamin. Caught him just right after he had fallen in the snow.

Little one wants to ride her bike so much that she tried her hardest to get it to go in the snow. She ended up taking it over onto the neighbor's sidewalk as it was scrapped clean!

Oldest shoveling the drive to the road.

Benjamin so happy to be helping clean off the truck. Notice the neighbor's clean, clean sidewalk in the background!

A card!

So all that snow and kids home for three days BUT I did find time to stamp today even if it took me all day to do it!

Ways To Use It 203 was to use alcohol of some sort in our stamping. I used Prismacolor Markers as I don't own Copics. Colored the soup image from Bunny Slippers by MFT. Even added some Shimmerz to the bowl, soup and steam. I have a hard time leaving a white background so I had to distress it with distress inks in shades of pinks. Used my Stampin' Up deckle scissors on the black.
Like the striped design paper? Guess what? It's actually digital paper!! Yup. Just download it after buying it and print it out yourself! Never run out of design paper. This is Stephanie Fizer's Spring Collection by MFT. Mine is printed on a semi gloss printer paper as I had hubby print it at work and forgot to send some cardstock with him!

Layout is for the MFTsketch66 today that is hosted by Frances and Cindy. Where I have the ribbon at the top of my image is suppose to be an embellishment.. I think it works!

stamp: bunny slippers - mft; paper: black, pink, green, white, digital paper from mft; ink: black, distress inks; accs: prismacolor markers, deckle scissors, paper piecer, ribbon, shimmerz, cuttlebug

I've been working on something none stampin' related that I will be posting in the next day or two. Just another one of my many crafts I have going on! :)

7 comments:

gale said...

Awww what cute pics! I don't think we got it as bad as you did but it's very white here too. Nice card-love the colors and the cute stamp. Makes me want a hot cuppa tea. lol

Connie M. said...

Such adorable pictures of the kiddos! Love your card too...very sweet!

Shirley/Jennifer said...

You have been"Tagged" by me. I hope you will look at my blog. and Play along........ Happy Stampin !!!

Starla said...

Have I ever mentioned that I'm SOOOO GLAD I don't live were it snows?!! hehe

Katie said...

Great pictures of the kiddos...I especially like the one of Allie, the colors are so vibrant! Oh, and I like your card too, very cute!

Tlbran said...

Cute pictures! Looks like your children are having fun! Nice card! Definately fits in with the pictures of snow!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What adorable photos of your children!!! We, in snow country, have had 50 degrees yesterday. It is melting and making a horrid mess -- the snow this time of year would be better, by far!!! Adorable card, too!!!