Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

You know me... the queen of combining challenges! lol For this card I combined the color challenge, featured stamper and the dirty dozen alumni challenge! Also this card is for part of an order I need to fulfill.

The color challenge was regal rose, bravo burgundy and kiwi kiss or old olive. The dirty dozen alumni challenge this month was to make a lovey-dovey Valentine card without any red and using textures of some kind and trying to use different non-Valentine colors. (pink was allowed)

I need a masculine valentine card for part of the order I received so I pulled out Dr.Pea-nut by Our Craft Lounge. Yes, I said Dr.Pea-nut! In the set is also valentine items to use with him/her. I stamped her on white and watercolored her by using watercolor crayons. I started with Regal Rose first and then highlighted with Bravo Burgundy.

After completing the background scenery, I attached her with glue dots and dimensions. The dimensions are under her trunk and left ear as I cut them apart from her body. The box of candy is attached to her trunk with a glue dot. I applied crystal effects to her eyelids and toenails. The sentiment is actually one whole line but I cut it apart so I could use it within the hardware.

On the old olive, I stamped Linen in old olive and then I scored it into diamond shaped pattern. I used my fiskar cutter with the score blade as I'm not one of those lucky people to own a Score Pal. :( Added Hodgepodge hardware to complete the card.

stamp: dr.pea-nut by our craft lounge, linen; paper: bravo burgundy, old olive, brown, white; ink: black stazon, bashful blue, old olive; accs: watercolor crayons, dimensionals, crystal effects, hodgepodge, fiskar score blade

You can see what the rest of the Dirty Dozen and Dirty Dozen Alumni did for this challenge by clicking here.

Today is also the start of another MFT Hop around the Block as a new BC Dyzn set is introduced along with a saying for another set. I'm not a part of the BC Dyzn DT but wanted to share the hop so you don't miss out on these fabulous creations and to find out what the sentiment set is and who it goes with. :) The Hop start's at Kim's blog so go visit her now! As always, there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! :)

5 comments:

Starla said...

Cute card!

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh my goodness, girl! Treat yourself to a Scor-Pal! :)

Love your card! I am so sad the darker colors of the HH are retired. :(

gale said...

Oh how cute!! I love the way you raised her trunk and ear-looks great!

scubasubie said...

Aww what a cute card! I love the elephant!

Nancywithajones said...

awwww that card is tooo precious