Monday, January 19, 2009

2 Cards in one post!

eSorry I haven't been around for awhile. Kids have been home since Thursday!!! Snow days on both Thursday and Friday and then today is Martin Luther King day. Kids are happy for the 5 day weekend but mom is ready for them to go back to school so she can stamp!! Well I can stamp but it takes me all day to make a card since the little munchkins think they need to eat all day long and only mom can fix their food!

So here are a few cards that I got to make at the end of last week but didn't get a chance to post.

Limited Supply 203
was to make a non-cheesy Valentine that you could replicate 30 times if needed for your kids valentines, limited layers/embellishments, limit hand cutting. With using ONLY Kraft, black, red, pink and white as the colors! It didn't have to be a kid image but that's what I went with.

I used this sweet Dragon Flower image that I got from through Treehouse Stamps (Yes, Ashley now sells other products besides Treehouse images! If you haven't been there lately, I urge you to go check her out.) I also used my new (72) Prismacolor Pencils that I had won off of ebay.

I stamped him on Kraft cardstock and then colored him in with different shades of pinks/reds. I didn't use anything to blend the colors but the pencils themselves this time. I made a faux layer of black around him by using a black marker on the Kraft cardstock. I just happen to have an extra piece of black that I had used in the nestablitie for another card that I didn't use so I used it here. The red piece was cuttlebuged with the heart folder (also found at Treehouse Stamps).

For the sentiment, I used JustRite's Brayton Font. I also combined this with the week's before Featured Stamper 100.... JulieHRR!! I cased this card of hers but changed a few things obviously.
stamp: Lelo-Dragon Flower - Treehouse Stamps, JustRite's Brayton Font; ink: black stazon; paper: real red, black, white, kraft; accs: ribbon, prismacolor pencils, white gel pen, heart cuttlebug folder

Card #2 PB Teen Inspired IC163

If you follow my blog faithfully, you will notice I don't usually do the Inspiration that is held on Saturday's on SCS. For some reason I just can't wrap my brain around the inspiration pieces but am vowing to try them once in a while.

During the week sometime my oldest sent me a link to PB Teen stating which bedroom sets, etc she would like (keep dreaming kid!). I thought the site would make a great Inspiration so I sent it on to Stef. Imagine my surprise when she pm'd me back and said that it was the same link that she had been looking at and thought it would make a great inspiration and was planning on using it this past weekend! Guess great minds think alike! lol

I went with this room for my inspiration as I had this fabulous pok-a-dotted dsp I knew I could use. I used "Live Life Passionately" from Treehouse Stamps as my main focal point. Stamped in black and then distressed with blue inks. Green ribbon ( the other set of sheets) added to give a little contrast and some blue buttons added with glue dots. My layout comes from Taylor's cupcake blog sketch.

stamp: live life passionately - Treehouse Stamps; ink: black stazon, blues; paper: black, white, Nana's kids dsp; accs: buttons, ribbon, glue dots

9 comments:

laos348 said...

I hear you about the kids being home - I never seem to get any stamping done when they're around! I really like your cards. The dragon is adorable and I like that you started by stamping him on kraft cardstock - I wouldn't have thought to do that.
Love the polka dots in the inspiration card too!

Anonymous said...

Cute cards. I love the dragon card. Not sure I could replicate it so many times as the challenge said because it looks very complicated, but it is adorable.

I moved your blog to my regular blog roll so I'll still be checking in to see you.

Have a great week!

Louise F NZ said...

ohhhh, lovely cards Amber! that dragon is adorable and I love the "Live, Laugh, Love" Sentiment.

The Mama Monkey said...

I love that dragon! He is adorable and your coloring is just beautiful!

I understand about the kids at home...I just "bribe" mine with Wii time! LOL Sad, but true!

Laura said...

what fab cards I love that dragon so cute!

gale said...

Those cards are both adorable! I love the coloring on the dragon-I can't do the prismas like that. I've tried. Yours looks awesome! Love the design of the 2nd card too-so simple but lots of 'wow'!

Taylor said...

So pretty, Amber! Thanks for playing with the sketch!

Diva Scrapper said...

Both cards are superb. Great work.

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Both cards are adorable, but I just find the blue dotted one totally delightful!!!