Friday, January 23, 2009

Another valentine card with a tutorial

For the limited supply 204 we were suppose to use black cardstock as our main card. I had found a card in my stash a while back that I decided to case for today. And then I got a crazy idea that I would make it into a tutorial too! So here is my card:
stamp: Framed Friends by Asela Hopkins by Gina K Designs; paper: real red, black, white, shimmer; ink: black stazon, versamark; accs: helmar liquid scrap dots, brads, prismacolor pencils, gold embossing powder, crystal effects

Score a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 piece of cardstock at 6 inches and 2 inches. Fold both sides in at the crease marks. Your shorter folded side will be the top.

Cut all four corners at a diagonal. I am cutting the bottom flap here. I just eyeballed it so you can cut off as much as you want or as little as you want. Depends on the look you are going for and how big your image is.

This is what it will look like after you have cut your corners. I placed a white top note cardstock inside so you can see the cuts better. (The ruler is just keeping it shut instead of my fingers! lol) Now decorate the front as you would like. I used the small heart from the Framed Friends by Aesla Hopkins by Gina K Designs on my black but did it in versamark so it is hard to see.

The closure can be any shape you wish. I went with a square as it fit my image. The image is colored with Prismacolor pencils. There is crystal effects on his nose and on the heart on his tag. As you can see, the dog and trees are popped up. I used Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots for that. (Don't forget the Helmar blog candy is still going on) I didn't attach it to the black with the brads as I don't like to see brads on the inside of my card so I used double sided tape.

close up of the Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots

I put a piece of real red cardstock for the inside my card. (don't know why it looks blurry, try clicking on it to bring it to bigger size) The sentiment says "Will you be mine?" At the bottom it is "XOXOXOXO" and then i stamped the heart twice on either side in versamark and embossed in gold.

Finished card.

9 comments:

gale said...

Wow very neat and sharp color combo! I love that stamp-it's so cute.

Starla said...

cute card and great tutorial

Jennifer Schmidt said...

This is such a great card- those liquid dots really give a lot of dimension! Great job :)

Tlbran said...

Great card. Thanks for the turtorial. I have a blog award for you on my blog. Please stop by when you have time.

Louise F NZ said...

This is so cute, the black & red looks great.

Connie M. said...

So adorable, Amber! Great Tutorial too!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful cardidea and tutorial.
Best regards Anja from germany

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. Your coloring is great. I love the design of the card.

best gadget reviews said...

Great tutorial. Thank you so much, nice job!