Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas card order

The week before I got sick, I got an order for three special Christmas cards. Needless to say I didn't get them done until this week! Here was the order: masculine tropical Christmas, special card for her mom & special card for her Aunt. No problem... except that masculine tropical one!

Only 'tropical' I have is flamingo stamps! So I went with them, drew on some Santa hats and added some 'masculine' christmasie colors. Happen to have Impression Obsession's Fall/Winter wreath set that had a little candy cane, ornament and poinsetta. Stamped those with versamark on the real red. Added some twine to the top. Sentiment is from Treehouse Stamps.

stamp: misc flamingo, impression obsession fall/winter wreath, treehouse sentiment; paper: real red, wild wasbi, white, dsp; ink: black stazon, versamark; accs: twine, prismacolor pencils, odorless mineral spirits, white gel pen, red marker

The next two 'special' cards I used Cornish Heritage Farms' Thomas Kinkade stamps. I made each one different so she can decide which one goes to her mom and aunt. For the Christmas Village, I stamped it right onto the Top Note die, colored it a little, added gold leafing Krylon around the edge. Then I covered it in Irredescent Ice embossing powder. To get the next Top Note layers, I used SU's retired Layer Ease. Used the notched corner punch on the sentiment and added gold cording to finish off the card.

stamp: Thomas Kinkade's Village Christmas; paper: purely pomegranate, always artichoke, black; ink: black st azon; accs: gold cording, irredsecent ice powder, yellow marker, top note die, notched corner punch, layer ease

For the Try New Technique, we were to brayer ink on glossy cardstock. Taking care not to muddle colors. Spray with Simple Green, let dry and end up with a 'speckled' background. I only used one color on my glossy, old olive in place of kiwi kiss. I had colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and blended with odorless mineral spirits. The lake was painted with Sky Blue Shimmerz. Stickles were added to the tree for the lights. Yellow stickles was added to the windows, star and light. My layout is cased from flowergal36's card Grandma's Teacup as flowergal36 was the Featured Stamper this week. I changed colors, images and added dots to my scallop. You can see how I decorated the inside of the card with the same dsp that I used on the outside.

stamp: Thomas Kinkade's Skater Pond; paper: kiwi kiss, chocolate chip, glossy, black, ski slope dsp; ink: black stazon, old olive; accs: scallop edge punch, prismacolor pencils, odorless mineral spirits, stickles, simple green, brayer, shimmerz

6 comments:

fishlips said...

Wow Oh wow Amber you have been so busy...Your creations are so stunning and so very unique!!!! The gold leafing is fantastic and your simply green background is so stunning... All of the layout and the colors are so wonderful... the flamingo's are just 2 cute too...elements

Janine T said...

Love these cards! My favorite is the Top Note one. I want to try that technique.

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh, these are so pretty! I love how you colored one TK image and left the other with just some color accents! I love your goldleafing...I actually thought you had layered with gold cs! What a cool touch!

gale said...

Gorgeous cards!

Елена said...

The blog has very much liked. This card remarkable. Greetings from Russia!

Tlbran said...

Great cards! You have been very busy. Love your tropical card, very creative. I love flamingos and yours are so cute.