Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Baja Breeze Christmas

I decided to take a small break today and do the sketch challenge 207 combined with the color challenge 197 (baja breeze, kiwi kiss, basic gray with opitonal not quite navy) (Infact I loved this sketch so much I actually did two cards, second card will be in a seperate post as it is special.)


Thomas Kinkade's Stonehearth Hutch was perfect for the sketch. Wanting something quick but stunning, I stamped the image in Baja Breeze on very vanilla. Colored in the windows with barely banana marker and added a little crystal stickles to the lights. Layered, distressed, add Ski Slope design paper for the background. When I attached the image to the card, I used Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots. I took a couple pictures this time to show you exactly what they look like.

Here is how I applied the Liquid dots to the back of the image.

Here are the Liquid Dots after 5 mins of sitting. After 24 hrs they will be completely set and you can try to squish down the image and it won't budge!
Here is what the complete card looks like:

stamp: Thomas Kinkade Stonehearth Hutch; paper: kiwi kiss, basic gray, very vanilla, not quite navy, ski slope dsp; ink: baja breeze; accs: barely banana marker, crystal stickles, distressing tool, Helmar liquid scrap dots

Speaking of Helmar, the Helmar blog is having a count down to Christmas with the design team members taking turns posting some kind of project using Helmar adhesives each day. Some very cool projects being shared there. And you never know when it will be my day so go check it out!

4 comments:

The Mama Monkey said...

This is gorgeous! Love the unique color combo! That adhesive looks very cool..tfs!

marcibun said...

Beautiful card Amber, I just love that stamped image.

gale said...

Wow beautiful card!!

Unknown said...

So pretty I love this stamp!