Monday, November 3, 2008

Thanks So Much - MFT style

Hubby 'ordered' a Thank You card last week and I also needed to do a card for MFT's Wend challenge. Well, if you haven't figured it out by now, I like to combine as many challenges/reasons into one card that I can so of course I combined these two reasons to stamp. :)

MFT's challenge was to be "bossy" or to use embossing on your card somehow. Also to use MFT Presents Annie LaPoint images if you had them. I used Annie's Chive image. Embossed it in silver and colored it with markers. Of course I had to distress the sides with inks, starting with So Saffron and Chocolate Chip to give that aged look. SU's Linen was stamped on both the mellow moss pieces in mellow moss. The pattern paper is SU's retired Print sampler, that I never use and decided to pull out. I distressed the edges of it with Chocolate Chip ink and used the scallop edge punch on the one piece.

Now for the fun part... I'm not a big fan of buttons on my cards. I like buttons but have a hard time using them so I challenged myself to use buttons on this card. I attached them with Helmar's liquid glue dots so there is actually some dimension to them. The hodgepodge is also attached with Helmar's liquid glue dots. And of course I had to distress the saying with the inks too! (guess you could say I was a little distressed over this card! lol) Thanks So Much is from MFT's Sassy Sayings set.

stamps: Sassy Sayings, Chives - MFT, Linen - SU; paper: SU Print Pattern, mellow moss, vanilla, chocolate chip, so saffron; ink: chocolate chip, so saffron, versamark; accs: hodgepodge, silver embossing powder, SU buttons (retired), scallop edge punch. markers, Helmar's liquid glue dots

16 comments:

Aubrie said...

I love the layout! I am going to have to CASE this one.

CathyRose said...

Amber, your cards are goregous!

fishlips said...

Wow oh wow the image is just OUTSTANDING looking embossed I just love it so much, its so Stunning..Im just speechless!!!!

Anonymous said...

great card. I love the colors and the buttons look great.

Heather

Heather said...

Great card! I love the embossing. Great job!

gale said...

Wow gorgeous card! I love this.

Janine T said...

Very pretty card. Love the layout!

Dawn said...

OH this is beautiful! what a wonderful job you did on this! I love the embossed look and the colors are great!

Lin said...

love it!! great card!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Amber this is gorgeous! Love that image.. it looks incredible with the embossing.

Michele Kovack said...

What a great card!!!

Tegan said...

this is like nothing ive seen before.... beautiful amber, just beautiful!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

how lovely !!!!!!!!such a pretty layout and design
tfs:)
chat

The Mama Monkey said...

I love being bossy! And you had an excuse! LOL

Gorgeous card!!! I love it!

thescrapmaster said...

Lovely card!!

~Samantha

Tlbran said...

Great card! I really like that image embossed. Great layout and I love how you used those buttons.