Saturday, November 1, 2008

Snowman Wishes

I know.. some of us don't want to even think of SNOW yet! Especially after the beautiful 60 degree weekend we just had. But I never shared the card I did for Sketch Challenge 200 on SCS and I'm afraid it's just a little cold. So go bundle up and grab a cup of cocoa and enjoy my card.

This sketch is #200! Can't believe we are on #200 already. Seems like just yesterday they had started the sketch challenge on SCS. I really like the sketch that Rox picked but am not that crazy about my card. lol Don't you hate that? Spend all the time on a card only to have it turn out not how you invisioned it. So be gentle with me... maybe it will grow on me in time. (personally I think it is the colors as I also combined the color challenge 190 with it.) I made my card a tall long card.

I used Jolly Snowman from Treehouse Stamps and stamped him on Shimmery White. Using inks, I watercolored him with Pixie Pink, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie. A little bit of close to cocoa was used for his arms. I then used my scallop square punch and layered the snowmen on. I happened to have a piece of Kiwi Kiss (I still don't own the ink) cardstock already cuttlebugged with snowflakes that I decided to use for the top of the card. I used my Pixie Pink marker and ran it along the top and bottom edges of my ribbon. Stamped the saying at the bottom of the card with Black.

stamp: Jolly Christmas - Treehouse Stamps; ink: black stazon, pumpkin pie, old olive, pixie pink; paper: pixie pink, pumpkin pie, kiwi kiss, shimmery white; accs: ribbon, marker, aquapainter, scallop square punch, cuttlebug

13 comments:

Tlbran said...

I love it! That snowman is darling and I love how you stamped him different for each square. So creative!

Monica-FC said...

that is so cool and so cool for a color. way different. i love it.

gale said...

What a cute stamp! I love the color combo and also the embossing. Great job!

Dawn said...

This is Darling! I am a sucker for snowmen and this little guy is just precious! great job...

fishlips said...

I did this SCS Challenge too... It was lots of fun and your card is just amazing, I really love the color and the snowmen are just great...Super Christmas Card!!!

Louise F NZ said...

This is so cute!!! I love the snowman image, and great pink Christmas card!

Anonymous said...

Cute card. Ilove the pink.

Heather said...

Cute snowmen! Very cute card!

The Mama Monkey said...

I love your color combo! It is a good step away from the norm of the holiday season! Very refreshing!!

Mandy said...

So so adorable, Amber!!

Sankari W. said...

that is just a darling snowman and i love the color combinations!! what a great holiday card!

Naomi said...

I'm not sure what you don't like about it, but I do really like it. Love the three snowmen down the side! It's a cute stamp!

CathyRose said...

Oh, that is so cute! I love the colors!