Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Medallion Geranium - Blog Hop

Welcome to MFT's first Blog Hop! Hopefully you just came from Shannan's blog to mine if not and you would like to start from the beginning, please visit Kim van den Sanden's blog. At the end of the blog hop, don't forget to leave a comment on the last blog as there is some wonderful blog candy being offered. (of course you are free to leave comments here too, they just won't count towards the blog candy)

Now you may have seen my card on SCS yesterday but I didn't go into much detail there. I used the soon to be released stamp "Gernaium" by Annie LaPoint, MFT Presents series. The color challenge for yesterday was kiwi kiss, riding hood red and pretty in pink. I combined the Try New Technique 193 which was to make a decorative "circle" Medallion. Well i had to be different and do an Oval instead!

To see a video tutorial on a Circle Medallion, go here. I'm going explain how I did the oval medallion though. I used my coluzzle and cut my oval at least 3 times bigger than normal. Now i did try to do the 'cheat paper' that is described in the tutorial but with the oval you don't need it. I just stuck my corner punch (with the guide off) over my paper and punched away making sure it was close the previous punched section. I tried different sizes of oval cutouts and never once did i end up with an odd punch or overlapping.

I used inks to watercolor the image. The pot is paper pieced with Berry Bliss dp that was also used for the medallion. A single layer of kiwi kiss cardstock was cut with the coluzzle and placed around the geraniums. The medallion is on dimensionals with some faux stitching added to it. The background is cuttlebugged with the swiss dots and sponged with pretty in pink. Oval punch with faux stitching added to top and bottom of card front. I only used a little bit of Ruby Red as I didn't want much of a Christmas card look.

stamp: Geranium - Annie LaPoint; paper: berry bliss dp, vanilla, kiwi kiss, ruby red; ink: old olive, ruby red, pretty in pink, black; accs: corner punch, coluzzle, brads, white gel pen, oval punch, cuttlebug, aquapainter

Now it is time for you to leave me and head on to your next stop in this great MFT blog Hop! You are off to visit Lauren and her wonderful creations. Enjoy and I will see you again at our next MFT blog hop if not before.

Don't forget to join us tonight in the MFT member forum in SCS from 9pm-11pm EST for the release party.

40 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. I love the circle and how fancy it looks.

Heather

Jessie/knightrone said...

So super cute Amber!! I love it!!

Cindy Haffner said...

So pretty Amber.

StampOwl said...

fabulous card Amber!!!

Bridgett Owens said...

That is a really great card! I love the oval medallion!!!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Ana Wohlfahrt said...

Very pretty!! Love the details :)

Diane said...

Very, very pretty!!

Jody Morrow said...

Beautiful card! Very pretty medallion!

Heather "Hev" said...

Very pretty card :)

Cant stop - gotta hop!!

Anonymous said...

Love what you did with the card and candle. The oval is beautiful.
Wendy

Lorraine said...

This is stunning. That oval medallion is just perfect with this image. tfs

Lynn said...

beautiful card!

Sew Club said...

Very pretty, Amber! Love the medallion!

Deborah Anton said...

Awesome medallion Amber!! Cute card!

Carolyn King said...

pretty card amber--love that medallion and the tabs--great design!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Just gorgeous Amber!! Love it!

Lauren (mytime) said...

OK so Im a moron! I didn't realize those large images were leaves! LOL! I colored them like flowers. Oh well. I lov your circle cut out-very cleaver!!

Michelle Giraud said...

This is so pretty Amber - I love the punched circle you made.

Unknown said...

LOVE your medallion. Its so pretty.
Can you believe I don't have any fancy corner punches?

Beautiful card Amber!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Stunning medallion and it showcases this set nicely!

Christina Fischer said...

Beautiful card! The medallion looks gorgeous around the geranium!

StampinCathy said...

This is just so pretty. Love the colors.

Catherine said...

oh this is so pretty :)

JessicaK said...

Beautiful, Amber. And thanks for your mini tutorial on your circle medallion.

Candice said...

Just beautiful, Amber!! LOVE how you incorporated the technique with this image - super job!!

Laura said...

Amber, I love that lace oval...very pretty, girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Love it!! I just saw the technique for the circle medallion yesterday. I can't wait to try it out!!

Sharon said...

So pretty! I have got to try one of these cards!

Anonymous said...

Amber this is truly beautiful!! You go girl I love that oval!!!
--Hugs Becca

Kim said...

I love your fancy circle Amber!!! Gorgeous!

ThatGirl said...

Darn I never think of those ideas with punches, very nice card.

Ginny said...

this is soooooo pretty :0)

ribenaruby said...

What an intricate detailed card. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Amber, love the oval, very pretty card!

Linda Carson said...

STUNNING!

Liz Goldhawk said...

love the medallion and that geranium stamp is so cute! very pretty card!

tyrymom29 said...

Very pretty !!

Heather said...

Beautiful card!! I love the detail of the circle! Great job!

gale said...

Beautiful card!! Love that lacy circle-that is so neat.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! I love the medallion! WOW:)