Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Cheese Danish and MFTeaser

I was in the mood for something sweet last night while I stamped. Since the oven was still hot from dinner (chicken enchiladas), I decided to try a new recipe (to me): Cheese Danish. Oh, my!! It's yummmyyy and sooo EASY!!! So here is the recipe: (sorry there is no picture)

Cheese Danish


16oz cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup raspberry or apricot jam (I used strawberry)
2 packages of crescent roll dough
1 beaten egg
4oz sliced almonds (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix cream cheese, vanilla and sugar in a bowl. Unroll one can of crescent rolls onto a greased cookie sheet, seal perforations. Spread cream cheese mixture on dough, leaving 1/4 inch edges. Top with jam. Unroll second can of crescent rolls over top of mixture. Seal perforations. Seal edges with fork. Brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle with sliced almonds. Bake for 30 mins. Allow to cool slightly before cutting.

So what did I stamp while I ate this yummy Cheese Danish?? MFT's new Who's that e-Girl, that's who!

I paper pieced her completely but then was completely brain dead on a layout. (must have been to much danish as the kids didn't like it so guess who has to eat it all??) So I left it to finish in the morning hoping that the Sketch Challenge 201 would work. And it did!!

I used coordinating design paper for the rest of the layers. Cut apart the sentiment so I could position it how I wanted it. Added some hodgepodge over it with some ribbon. The dp that I used had glitter on some of the pages, so her skirt, the wall and second layer all has glitter on it! I'm so loving her floral laptop.


stamps: who's that e-girl - MFT; paper: chocolate chip, black, DCWV Once Upon A Time; ink: black, chocolate chip; accs: ribbon, hodgepodge, brads, cuttlebug

My Favorite Things (www.mftstamps.com) is having a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday, November 5th from 9-11 p.m. Eastern time. This month there are FIVE new sets being released, including THE must have Who's That Girl set of the year! Head over to the MFT forum on www.splitcoaststampers.com to find out all the details and to find out how YOU can be the next MFT Guest Designer. We hope to see you there on tonight!

Don't miss out on MFT's first blog hop. Details are in the post below.

8 comments:

Stampinsilvia said...

ohh the recipe is making my mouth water! Love the card too, that set is just too cool for school!

CathyRose said...

The Danish sounds yummy but I know I couldn't stop at one so I am not going to bake any, lol! I love the card, that stamp is so "today".

Tlbran said...

Love those papers you used! Your card is gorgeous with those papers and the color combo. Thanks for sharing that recipe! It looks yummylicious.

Sankari W. said...

this is so great Amber - a beautiful card AND a yummy pastry recipe...! wow!

your card is just beautiful with all the paper piecings... love the criss cross ribbon and the floral labtop rocks!

best wishes,
Sankari
(scs group :)

Heather said...

I love your card! It is beautiful! The danish sounds yummy too.

Rachel Brumley said...

What a cute card - I've ordered that stamp set and can hardly wait to use it!

Janine T said...

Cute card! I love paper piercing. I love cheese danish even more though!!!

gale said...

I love that card-the paper piecing looks neat! That recipe looks yummy!