Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Loving BC Dzyns!

MFT's new line BC Dzyns has come out with another set "and then I said". This set is being released now and if you follow the blog hop, there is a treat at the end! :) Kim's blog is the start of the blog hop.

It wasn't long after I got this set that Carmen had a birthday party to go to and requested a notebook altered. Something 'fast' she said was fine. hahaha Me? Fast? She may not care how it looked but I sure did and I always put 199% of myself into my creations. So needless to say she didn't get to take the gift to the party but had to give it to the birthday girl when she was getting picked up. Did I fail to mention that she asked for the gift the day of the party?? KIDS!!

I embossed the girl with fine black detail on white cardstock. Colored her hair with Prismacolor markers (same color as the birthday girl), used blush blossom ink for her skin. Added a little 'blush' with pretty in pink and watercolored the 'table' with chocolate chip ink.

Her shirts were paper pieced with retired SU design paper. The notebook was also covered in the same coordinating retired SU design paper. Sahara Sand cardstock was added to the side that I used the scallop edge punch on. Faux stitching around the saying and ribbon added to the side finished off the notebook.

Sorry for the little bit of bent to the upper corner of the cover. I had taken pictures of this before it was given away but wouldn't you know it, the laptop that those pictures are on is 'dead'! Carmen's friend was kind enough to bring the notebook to school so that it could come home to me to take pictures so I could be able to post it. Thank you!

stamp: and then I said; paper: white, chocolate chip, sahara sand, su dp; ink: chocolate chip, versamark, blush blossom, pretty in pink; accs: black embossing powder, prismacolor markers, ribbon, scallop edge punch

Close up of the girl

You may have been wondering why I had placed the girl over so far. Well, now you know. This notebook came with this 'strap' that came over the cover, there was no way for me to take it off so I had to make it part of the design.

Now continue your journey by visiting Cammie's blog. Enjoy!

35 comments:

StampOwl said...

love it Amber

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cute Amber!!

Gabby said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to get my set to play with this girly! She is SO my DD!

JessicaK said...

Great job with the coloring, Amber. And what a great gift.

Jody Morrow said...

Gorgeous notebook!

gale said...

What a cute card. I haven't seen many 'realistic' people stamps that I've liked a lot but this one is really cute.

Tracey said...

Fabulous notebook!!

Michelle Giraud said...

This is so cute Amber - I'm sure the recipient just loved this!!

Kim said...

Very clever idea Amber! I love it!

Sew Club said...

Very cute, Amber!

Elena said...

Love what you did with this notebook! The new stamp is so pretty! Love the ribbons you added!

Dawn said...

this is a Super fun card! great job Amber!

Judi said...

Very pretty

Cathy said...

Oooohh...I love altered journals! What a great idea!!

Michelle said...

So cute! I suggest making a few now for the Christmas gifts your daughter is bound to ask you to make for the rest of the girlfriends because they are *all* going to want one.

Amy Johnson said...

What a fabulous notebook. And pre-teen or teenage girl would love it!

Unknown said...

what a fun idea! love it!

Heather said...

That is so cute! Great coloring!

Christyne said...

What an adorable notebook! And what a lucky girl to have received it. Great job!

Karinn said...

Wow! How cute! I love how you shaded her hair too and pieced her outfit. Adorable!

Carolyn King said...

So cute Amber. Love the notebook and ths soft colors you chose!

fishlips said...

Amber this is just Darling...love the image and all the ribbon wow Just a fantastic project...OUTSTANDING!!!

Michelle said...

What a cool gift idea. I love it
Michelle N

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Sorry Amber! I meant cute notebook!LOL! Love that dp!

Giovana said...

Super project Amber.
God bless
Giovana

Anonymous said...

Very cute. Very teen. I'm sure her friend loved it. My daughter would.

Tlbran said...

Cute! Great idea, girls love notebooks and I'm sure your daughter's friend loved it.

Becca said...

Just adorable even five mintues ago lol.

Becca said...

I love the book and the colouring is wonderful.

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

So true..kids always give us the day of...But you rose to the challenge. Excellent gift anyone would be proud to GIVE and RECEIVE!! Awesome

Anonymous said...

What a cool project for this stylish new set!

Anonymous said...

Love the notebook! She looks like my granddaughter. Need this set (and my poor DH thought this hobby would help us save money on cards!LOL). God bless.

Rachel Brumley said...

Amber

This is such a cute stamp! I like the way the book turned out. I'm sure the birthday party girl loved it!

Anonymous said...

Great coloring and paper-piecing! Very cute, Amber!

Anonymous said...

Love the card!
Gail H. :-)