Friday, November 7, 2008

Checkered Birthday Chef

I wasn't planning on making a card today as I have a Stamp Camp I needed to be getting ready for tonight BUT dh tells me this morning that he needs a birthday card for his BOSS/friend like today!! So I grabbed the SU catalog and turned to Violia as I liked that card. Of course I had to change it some so that it would fit within the Limited Supply challenge which was to use a circle AND a rectangle on your card.

I used retired SU design paper for my rectangle and also for the chef's jacket that I paper pieced. His hat and neck tie are paper pieced with Kiwi Kiss cardstock. I layered the rectangle on chocolate chip and so saffron. Using my coluzzle, I cut a circle ring out of So Saffron. The chef was stamped on white and also cut into a circle stopping at the hand and hat. As I cut around them to make them coming "out" of the circle. The birthday cake was stamped on another piece of cardstock and adhered with a glue dot. I colored it with markers.

We were allowed ribbon ONLY as an embellishment for the limited supply. So I used Kiwi Kiss striped ribbon. I thought it turned out pretty cute for as fast as I had to come up with it.

stamp: violia; paper: retired SU dp, kiwi kiss, so saffron, chocolate chip, white; ink: black stazon; accs: ribbon, makers, coluzzle

I did add stickles to the candle AFTER I had taken a picture for the Limited Supply Challenge but of course didn't get a picture of it with the stickles on it as dh had to run out the door.

13 comments:

fishlips said...

I love the paper and the ribbon...Great looking Chef you got there!!!!

Dawn said...

He is DARLING!!! what a great way to use this stamp and the paper is perfect!

Anonymous said...

wow, I love this. The paper piecing is wonderful.

CathyRose said...

Great job on this. The paper piecing is wonderful!

Rachel Brumley said...

Amber

This is so cute! I love the paper pattern and paper piecing. Great job.

My son-in-law is a chef so that is one of my favorite stamp sets.

thescrapmaster said...

AH I love this!! That set is just too cute and you used the stamp set perfectly!

Tlbran said...

Adorable! I like how you used the same paper twice; paper piercing and background. Love how you cute him out so it looks like him arm is coming "out"

Bev said...

Hi Amber!
Just haaad to stop in and see what you were up to. This card is cute! Love that Kiwi Kiss! Hugs,
-Bev

The Mama Monkey said...

This is the coolest card! I love the colors and layout! And awesome job for only being able to use ribbon!

I refuse to look at your cheese danish post...LOL! I think just by glimpsing at it my rear end got a little bigger. :)

gale said...

Oh how cute is he!! I love the way you paper pieced him.

Sankari W. said...

soo cute - love the paper that the layout is awesome!! very cool!

:) Sankari (SCS group :)

Heather said...

Cute card! I like the paper you used! Great job!

Anonymous said...

The chef is too cute:)

Love the paper-piecing and layout!