Sunday, October 26, 2008

Tractor transfer and Harvest card

How fitting that the two things I have to share actually could go together! I was asked by a dear friend down the road if I would make her son a John Deere birthday cake for this past Saturday. We discussed details and nitty gritty stuff and came to the conclusion that i would make a transfer and she would make a sheet cake. No problem. Here is what I did for her: She put the finishing touches on it at home. Hopefully she will send me a picture of what it looked like all finished so I can post it for ya'll.

Today's Featured Stamper 90 was SpeedyStamper otherwise known as Kay. I decided to case this card of Kay's. I changed the colors and image and left off the cording. I wanted a Harvest card as I have a swap due that I thought I could use the card for if i liked how it turned out. I used the Autumn Vine Designer Series paper, out of SU's Holiday Mini catalog, for the strips. Canvas is stamped on the Really Rust background. The pumpkins/gourds were all masked and then watercolored in with ink. Distressed the edges with more mustard and chocolate chip ink. The sentiment "happy harvest" is from Loads of Love Accessories. Used the stamp-a-ma-jig to get it to line up right beside each other as the stamp is actually 2 lines. Fit into the word window punch perfectly. Distressed with the same inks and adhered with dimensions.

I like how it turned out so now I have to make 16 card fronts for the swap I'm in! :)

stamp: Autumn Harvest, Loads of Love accessories, Canvas; paper: chocolate chip, very vanilla, more mustard, really rust, autumn vine dp; ink: black stazon, pumpkin pie, more mustard, chocolate chip, garden green; accs: word window punch, aqua painter, dimensions, sponge

9 comments:

Tlbran said...

Very nice card! You did a great job coloring and chosing your background paper. I love how you distressed the edges. It seems to make the pumpkins look "set back" in the card. Cool b-day cake also.

The Mama Monkey said...

Very cool card..and cake! :)

That stamp set has been on my wish list for a while...you are making me want it NOW! :)

fishlips said...

Yum yum the cake looks so so neat... I just love the tractor...Your card is wonderful, just wonderful, the pumpkins just look so perfect, I am very amazed its just a fabulous fall card!!!!

Heather said...

Love your card! I also love the cake too!

Naomi said...

This is an amazing fall card! I love the paper! You did a very nice job on this, I am in love with this stamp set!

CathyRose said...

I noticed the shading right off, and it makes the pumpkin pop! Lovely card!

Tegan said...

great colouring on the pumpkins!!
thanks for your sweet comment over @ my blog :D

gale said...

That's a really pretty card. Perfect color combo! That cake is amazing! I'll have to show it to dh-he's a farmer.

Rachel Brumley said...

Very nice! And I love the DSP!

This is one of my favorite autumn sets.