Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sympathy card and RAK request

I know most of you are members of a great group called Splitcaoststampers. We are like one big happy family. Well one of our family members is hurting right now and I am asking if you could find it in your heart to send her a RAK.


Vicky Gould lost her husband early this morning unexpectantly. There is a thread on SCS in the Request a Card forum if you want to leave Vicky a message.


Here is my card that I will be sending to Vicky. I used all Treehouse stamps along with Flannel Plaid and Linen. The Flannel Plaid is once again for the Ways to Use it challenge "Plaids". I used Treehouse Stamps as Vicky is also a design team member along with me. I used Home Grown, the flower was stamped on watercolor paper and watercolored with inks,and Elegant Sentiments. The colors come from Ashley's Brainwave challenge of Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango (I used Pumpkin Pie), Chocolate Chip and Tempting Torquise (which I left off).


I really like how the card turned out and hope it brings Vicky comfort in the days to come. If you would like to send her a card, please leave me a comment with your email address and I will email you her address as I don't feel right posting it on here. (since I have to approve the comments, if you don't want the world to see your email addy, tell me in the comment and I won't approve your comment) If I don't answer, feel free to pm anyone of the ladies that left posts on the thread as they all have her address too. Just tell them Amber aka Bambi64 (my splitcoaststamper name) sent you.

10 comments:

fishlips said...

Your card is stunning, and maybe all the cards will be some comfort... I have seen the info and I have her address and I will mail a card too...

gale said...

Beautiful card. I'm so sad for Vicky. :(

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh goodness. Your card is very pretty and I do hope it helps bring some peace to her.

Jennifer Schmidt said...

Amber, thank you for the info. Could you please email her address to jennifer@paperpiekeepsakes.com?
Your card is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Your card turned out lovely. I will get mine in the mail tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

What a pretty card. I'm sure it will bring her comfort.

Please pm her address to me on SCS and I'll send her a card.

Heather
your new blog buddy
scrappinmominky on SCS

Dawn said...

This is such a beautiful card for such a sad occasion. I hope that she can find peace in her Husbands loving memories.

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Amber, what a beautiful card for a lovely lady on a very sad occasion. Thanks much for the link --

CathyRose said...

That is a very pretty card and I'm sure that the cards will help lift her spirits. Such a sad thing.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. So kind of you to think of a fellow stamper. I'm Tessa btw blog group member #25