Monday, October 20, 2008

Merry Christmas Ranch

I asked a dear friend if she wanted to buy any Christmas cards from me this year. She jumped at the chance and told me what she was looking for: Outdoorsie or horsie Christmas cards. I sent her one idea but still wanted to try another idea with a horse stamp that my mom has.


Last week's Limited Supply gave me the oppurtunity to make the card even though I should have been packing as we went away for the weekend! The Limited Supply was to use the color blue somewhere, one piece of design paper (only one side if it was double sided), any stamps but we had to have eyelets/ribbon as our only embellishments. It was okay to leave the ribbon off but we had to have the eyelets!


I stamped the horses and masked them, taking the tree from Lovely as a Tree, i stamped off and off and off. Used the cloud stencil for the sky. Took a versamarker and made 'snow' that is white embossing powder. And of course I had to destress as I wanted that country feel too it! I managed to sneak the eyelets in on the 'ranch' sign: Merry Christmas. The design paper is 2 layer and is blue.

So what do you think? Would you be proud to hand this to your friends and families for Christmas? Now to figure out how much to charge for 25-30 cards.. any tips/ideas??


stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Rubber Cottage Horses at a Fence, Treehouse "merry Christmas"; ink: distress ink, always artichoke, chocolate chip, bashful blue; paper: chocolate chip, always artichoke, design paper; accs: eyelets, versamarker, white embossing powder, cloud stencil

Like I said, we went away for the weekend. I will be posting pictures of the weekend some time this week. Will probably be a slide show as I took over 200 pictures but don't worry, I won't put all of them in the slide show! lol

16 comments:

fishlips said...

Its a Stunning Christmas Card, you have your work cut out for you. Christmas gets here faster and faster each year it seems...I just love the horses and the trees!!!

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh, this is really pretty!! I love them and I know she will too!

When I sell a card, I usually get $2.50-$3 a card. Do you think that is too much for a bulk order? That is the most difficult part of selling, don't you think?

Naomi said...

Um, I would be super proud to hand this (or mail) for Christmas! Country is not my style (not my style, but a big part of who I am, born and raised in NC), but I have to pause to admire a beautiful work of art when I see one! Love the stamped off trees!

I would charge $3 for one of these if someone only needed one.

I would charge $2.50 for an order of ten or so.

I would charge $2.00 for more than 15-20.

Hope that helps!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, the horse stamp is great and it works really well as a Christmas theme. Don't envy your task making lots of them - I'm OK for the first few then I'm afraid I get bored. I'm in the UK and normally ask £1.50 - £2.50 depending on the work involved (profit goes to Cancer Research) but I find people want to pay less for Christmas cards as they have to buy so many.

Jennifer Schmidt said...

Oh, this is a GORGEOUS card Amber, absolutely beautiful work! Your friend will surely love them. Pricing is so hard isn't it, especially when so much effort is involved. When someone purchases a set from me, especially a large set, I tend to charge a bit less per card. I'm not much help though because I'm still trying to figure out the pricing of my sets:)

CathyRose said...

Your card is awesome. I just love it!
I have no idea what you should charge. I know you would easily get $4-5 at least for one card if you were selling them separately.

Rachel Brumley said...

I love this card - the design and all the details! Nice job.

I can't help you on how much to ask for when selling bulk. I have a problem in usually under pricing my cards.

Liz Goldhawk said...

wow... this is a beautiful card.

Anonymous said...

This turned out great!!

thescrapmaster said...

Wow that card is really beautiful!

~Samantha

Neva said...

Amber this is a gorgeous Christmas card. As for how much to charge, cost of supplies + a little something for your time is my suggestion.

Unknown said...

WOW! That is awesome! It looks like a lot of work! I would charge a lot!

Cheryl said...

This is just gorgeous! I don't think $2.50 or $3.00 is too much at all. I know you can't re-coup all the time that went into it but these are cards no one else will be getting. For a large number of cards maybe $2.00 each no lower.

fishlips said...

Hello, because I can't seem to find your email I just wanted to let you know I am trying and trying to sign up as one of your followers but for some reason it gives me no thing to go and add to followers , I'm still working on it and I will not give up because I just love your blog and all your wonderful posts!!!!

gale said...

What a gorgeous card! My horse-loving daughter would love that!

Anonymous said...

Amber, this is stunning!

I agree with Naomi's pricing advice.