Thursday, October 16, 2008

MFT Challenges and a shoe box

MFT's What's Up Wednesday challenge was to use "Window Shopping" and a box. I'm not really a box person so this was really a challenge for me. I used design paper for the bottom of my box that is 8 1/2 by 8 1/2, scored at 2 1/4 on all sides. The lid uses the the five in one card cover by SU. I stamped the shoe on different colored cardstocks and placed it around the scallop edges with faux stitching. The top is all paper pieced! Starting with the lady and her dress to the window that is vellum to the shoes underneath that are all cutout and attached to the blue background! And don't forget the River Rock box stands for the shoes to be on!

Close up of the lid.

Box and card.

This box will hold cards that are the 3 1/2x3 1/2. And here is the first one of the cards. I used MFT's sketch for today along with Ways to use it challenge of "Plaids". Once again the layout was way out my norm as it involved circles. I used SU's Flannel Plaid on the Bashful Blue and Close to Cocoa. Distressed the edges of the entire card and pieces with close to cocoa. Masked the shoe over and over on the big circl and added an extra circle with a pair of shoes in the middle. Rhinestones on the side finish off my card. The scallops were made with my mini scallop scissors.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute. I love the box. I also love shoes so these are right up my alley.

Heather

gale said...

Wow that is amazing! Love the box and the paper piecing.

scubasubie said...

Don't we all LOVE shoes! I love the box.

CathyRose said...

Great job on this project! Love the colors and it is so well cone!

Anonymous said...

Awesome box! Love those headless gals:)

Sankari W. said...

what a great card! love your take on the challenge - love your colors and the shoes on the side of the box - beautiful!

thescrapmaster said...

Oh that shoebox is so pretty!

~Samantha