Saturday, October 25, 2008

Owls for Christmas?

Yes, I'm playing catch up my blog today. Was a sick/busy week and stamping and blogging had to take a back seat for a while. I did manage to stamp a little on Wend as I love to do the sketch challenge and needed a break from cleaning!

I combined the sketch 199 with the color challenge 189 with the MFT Wends. day challenge! whew! MFT's challenge was to use the new Stephanine Fizer images if you had them with sparkle of some sort.

I picked the owls and stamped them twice in black stazon. Using watercolor crayons, I colored them in and blended them with the aquapainter. Once again I cut out one set of owls and popped them up on the other owls with dimensions. I applied stickles to the hats and ornaments for my sparkle and distressed the image with pink/chocolate ink. I had a piece of Pretty in Pink laying around that had been run through the cuttlebug so I made it fit for the piece down the side of the card. On the bottom strip, I did some faux stitching. I distresssed all the bottom pieces of each layer.

I made faux brads which i will be doing a tutorial.

stamp: Owls by Stephanine Faiser by MFT; ink: black stazon; paper: pretty in pink, chocolate chip, kiwi kiss; accs: watercolor crayons, aquapainter, dimensions, sponge, stickles, cuttlebug, marker, faux brads


November is almost and here and do you know what that is?? My 1st year blog anniversary!!! I am thinking blog candy but right now I have no clue what. What is your favorite kind of blog candy??

13 comments:

CathyRose said...

I love your card! Love the colors and the cute owls. Beautiful work!

fishlips said...

What a super cute Christmas card...The colors are really spectacular and the image is just way 2 cute!!! What a neat background love the cuttlebug...

Tlbran said...

I adore your card! That stamp set looks so awesome. Love how you layered the owls and your colors. Great card to combine all those challenges! Hope you are feeling better

Louise F NZ said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!! Love the pink And the owls.

The Mama Monkey said...

Happy Anniversary! :)

I love the card...the colors are a great change for the Holidays and the sentiment is absolutely adorable!

Laura said...

toooooo cute!!!!!!!!

maiahs_momma said...

the blog candy that I like would be stamps, and patterned paper and ribbon.

Hugs,
Catherine
www.mystampinggrounds.blogspot.com
catlevy@eastlink.ca

Heather said...

that is such a cute card!! I love the owls!

gale said...

Adorable! I love the non-traditional colors and theme.

dawnmercedes said...

my favorite blog candy is the the kind that shows up in my mail box!!

Naomi said...

Hehehee, love the owls!!! They are a hoot!!! Love the embossing down the pink left side. GREAT!@

Anonymous said...

Great looking christmas cards!
I love stamps, inks and papers as well as other fun stuff like stickles, pearl ex and other stuff like that.

Anonymous said...

I love the colors of your Christmas card! Those owls are too cute:)