Saturday, September 27, 2008

Olivia's First Christmas

I know.. you are asking whooo in the world is Olivia. And that it isn't even close to Christmas yet so how can it be her first??

Let me introduce you to Olivia the owl! She is available from Treehouse Stamps and is already for Chirstmas with her own sayings. I used Ashley's brainwave challenge which was a color challenge: kiwi kiss, chocoalte chip, riding hood red, kraft. I don't own any riding hood red and only have kiwi kiss cardstock, so I used old olive ink and real red cardstock/ink. Layout is for the sketch challenge 185 on SCS.

Pretty basic card. Not much stamping as I was able to run up to mom's and cuttlebug some pieces with two different snowflake folders and an ornament folder. I stamped Olivia on Kraft and watercolored her a little with chocolate chip. Cutout her hair bow and added it with a glue dot. The snowflakes (in white craft ink) are from "Everybody's Favorite" stamp set also from Treehouse Stamps.

Olivia is sitting in her snowcovered nest that is made from the Martha Stewart branch punch. I added white liquid applique to the branches and Olivia to make it look like snow.

stamp: Olivia's Christmas, Everyone's Favorites - Treehouse Stamps; paper: kraft, real red, kiwi kiss, chocolate chip; ink: chocolate chip, real red, old olive, white craft, black stazon; accs: cuttlebug, kiwi ribbon, martha stewart branch punch, liquid applique, aquapainter

4 comments:

The Mama Monkey said...

Olivia is adorable! Beautiful card!!! I love the cuttlebug'd papers and the color combo! :)

gale said...

Awww she is so cute!! I love the way you did the embossed panels.

Anonymous said...

Loving the owl and colors! Great job!

Heather said...

Great job on the card! I love the owl!