Saturday, September 27, 2008

MFTOPG2 Inspiration by Jen

I know I'm a day late in posting this but I wasn't feeling the greatest yesterday and also had a stamp camp I had to get ready for. If anyone would like a cold, I have one to get rid of, CHEAP! lol



So for Friday's MFT Oldies Plus Goodies challenge, Joanne and I picked one of Jen's cards to use as inspiration. You can see Jen's card here that we picked out. Play along, don't forget to put MFTOPG2 in the keywords so we can see your card. Cards need to be posted by Monday, Sept 29th, 9:00 am EST to be in the running for a $5.00 credit to MFT store. Next week we are Thinking Pink!

So I was inspired by Jen's layout and her middle strip that she had as black and white. I changed my colors but kept the same layout including the middle strip the same just used chocolate chip and white instead. I used an Annie LaPoint stamp, "Take a Break" for my image. I colored in the leaves and part of the tub with inks. Using Silver Liquid Pearl, I applied it to the tub. It gave the tub an old fashion look. I adhered Flower soft to the flowers with some Crystal Effects. I distressed the edges with three different inks. As for my sentiment, it is actually two different sayings from Sassy Sayings (MFT) that I cut apart to make a different saying! That's the cool thing about acrylics, you can cut them apart and still put them back together and noone would know the difference!

stamp: sassy sayings, Annie LaPoint's take a break - MFT; paper: print sampler, chocolate chip, white, almost amethest; ink: black stazon, almost amethyst; metallic silver, old olive; accs: ribbon, scallop edge punch, white gel pen, rhinestones, liquid pearl, flower soft, crystal effects

6 comments:

Louise F NZ said...

Greaty layout! I love the image too, so cute.

Rachel Brumley said...

Beautiful card! Love the cool colors.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Amber! I love the colors you used! Your blog looks great too- looking forward to getting to know you in our new blog group!

Nancy said...

Nice cool colors for this pretty card!

gale said...

That's beautiful. I love the way the liquid pearls look. I'll have to get some of that.

Anonymous said...

Where to start? Fantastic card, love the shimmer - is that from the liquid pearls? How in the world do you get your gel pen to behave just so? Perfect card, love your colors. Happy stamping from a fellow blog groupie :-).