Friday, September 19, 2008

New MFT Challenges

I'm happy to announce that I am one of the hostesses for Friday's challenge in the MFT forum. Joanne and my challenge is "Oldies Plus Goodies" where some weeks we will be featuring specific sets and other weeks will be an inspiration challenge featuring either a card from one of the Design Team members or even a card from the MFT gallery.

This week we picked "Hearts Galore", this is one of the sets that is on Limited Edition status at MFT. If you play along on SCS, please add the keyword MFTOPG1 so that we can find your entry as one lucky participant will receive a $5 credit to the store and be entered into a monthly drawing for $25 as well!! You've got from not until Monday (Sept 22) 9am EST to get your card uploaded on SCS to be available for the drawing.



For my first card, I used MFT's Thursday Sketch Challenge as my layout. I used the happy together birds from the Hearts Galore set. Colored the image with Prismacolor makers. Yes, the birds are colored, I used "Wheat" color as i didn't want them too strong. But then I pulled out the distress inks and went a little crazy! hehe And the distressing tool found itself into my hands so I had to use that too. I used the SU scallop punch on the strip, distressed the design paper and notched the corners.

One thing I LOVE about acrylic stamps is that you can cut them apart if you cut straight and still be able to use the stamp whole or in pieces. The sentiment I used on the strip actually is the last line in the poem that comes with the set. Instead of inking up just that line as I was using black distress ink and didn't feel like masking, I simply cut the last line off of the poem and inked it up separately. Cleaned it and put it back with the poem as if nothing was wrong with it! How cool is that?

This is to be my husband's anniversary card as it will be 15 yrs next month! (I know, I'm a little early now just don't let me forget I have his card made!)

stamp: hearts galore - MFT; paper: barouqe burgundy, chocolate chip, creamy caramel, design paper; ink: distress inks; accs: scallop punch, distressing tool, ribbon, notched punch

For today's Limited Supply 186, Wendybell had us going with a White Out! Only white cardstock with a black, any brown color or gray was allowed plus only ONE other color! No SPONGING (how could she do that to me??!!) allowed on the white at all! OH!! And only ONE image and ONE sentiment was allowed too!!


So I used Hearts Galore again! :) This time I used the cup that has a heart attached to it in the steam and then postioned the sentiment above it. Being acrylic, you can bend them however you would like to position them, so I made the sentiment go around the image just a little. Background white is cuttlebugged with the hearts folder. Image is colored in with only Real Red as you had to ink that matched your cardstock! I did add a little crystal stickles to the heart which was allowed. A simple but striking card.


stamp: hearts galore - MFT; paper: real red, black, white; ink: real red, black; accs: stickles, cuttlebug, scallop regtangle punch, ribbon

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really nice work...

Louise F NZ said...

Lovely cards, I love the anniversary card, so cute.

Naomi said...

Wow! Very pretty! Glad to join you on the SCS Bloggers Group! I struggle with white cards, I love this!

gale said...

Gorgeous cards. I LOVE the limited supply one-it is SO sweet.

Aubrie said...

Love the little cut deatil around the words! Gld you joined the blog group!

Tlbran said...

I really like this card! It only needed one picture, sentiment and the color choice is great together.

Rachel Brumley said...

Beautiful card! So rich and elegant looking. I like it!