Friday, September 19, 2008

Silhouettes

Hey!! I am back! We got our internet power back Wend night around 9:00pm. If you heard any screaming, that was us, we were so happy! lol It's amazing how much you take everything for granted until it is taken away from you for an amount of time. So now life can get back to normal (whatever that may be) around here.

The Ways To Use It challenge 184 was Silhouettes. Remember that order I tracked down from UPS the other day? Well now I have Upsy Daisy and Pocket Silhouettes to play with! I made a very, very, very simple card with Pocket Silhouettes that i am not even going to post as it was just way to simple. So I went back to the drawing board with Upsy Daisy.

Using the colors in some of my last scrap pieces of Afternoon Tea dp, i went to work. I stamped the flowers in versamark and embossed them in Iredescent Ice onto a piece of Afternoon Tea dp. I then took my brayer and brayered Wild Wasibi over the entire piece until it was covered as dark as I wanted it. Used a Swifer cloth (tissue, paper towel work too) to buff the image. I embossed "You're in my mind" in black on another piece of Afternoon Tea dp. Did some faux stitching on just about every piece of paper. The layout I used was this weeks Sketch Challenge 194.

stamp: upsy daisy - SU; ink: versamark; paper: wild wasibi, groovy guava, afternoon tea dp; accs: white gel pen, iredescent ice and black embossing powder, brads

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wooooooooooohoooooooooooooo!!
Big cheers for power being back! I know what a relief that must be!

:o)

Andrea said...

Beautiful card.
xAndrea

Anonymous said...

I have had this set and have not been able to play with it! Too busy getting ready for Christmas stamp camp!

I love the paper you chose and the layout!

Looking forward to getting to know you through our blogger's group!

Jane said...

This is stunning! I'm really loving this stamp set and what everyone is doing with it.

Jane

Heather said...

Awesome card! The more I see this stamp set the more I think I should have it!