Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Christmas already?

Now that school has started, I am starting the challenges on SCS earlier in the mornings then usual. It's great to get the stamping done and out of the way and have the rest of the day to play... ummm I mean clean. lol Today was no different as I knew what soon-to-be released MFT set i wanted to use and it worked perfectly for the sketch.

Merry Christmas? is a fun set and the image is exactly how I feel when I get done wrapping presents! I embossed it in black and then used my Prismacolor markers to color. Now, instead of paper piecing the 'wallpaper' in, I cut out the entire 'wall' with my xacto knife and just stuck the paper behind the image. Added some crystal effects to the ornaments and used silver stickles for the garland. Distressed the design paper with some distress inks as I didn't like it so white.

The only problem I had with the card was when i went to take a picture, my batteries were DEAD!! And of course I couldn't find any batteries in the house that worked! So after our walk, my mom took the card back to her house and took the picture and sent it to me. I have batteries charging as I type... hope they are ready soon!! Can't live without my camera.

stamp: Merry christmas? - MFT; paper: burgundy, white, black, dp, green; ink: versamark, distress inks; accs: prismacolor markers, crystal effects, stickles, cuttlebug

My Favorite Things (www.mftstamps.com) is having a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday, Sept. 3 from 9-11 p.m. Eastern time. This month there are SIX new sets being released, plus one from a new line at MFT: BCDzyns.

*The Girl Who Wants It All special for the The September Collection, which is one of each set being released, except for the BCDzyns set, is $58.95.

Head over to the MFT forum on
www.splitcoaststampers.com to find out all the details and to find out how YOU can be the next MFT Guest Designer.

We hope to see you there on Wednesday night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this! Great job with this set!

Kim said...

This is really pretty Amber!

Connie M. said...

So adorable, Amber! What a fun new image and love the star on top of the tree!! Can't wait to see all the new stuff!!