Thursday, July 24, 2008

Darn computers and a couple of cards

I had two cards to share last night but also wanted to watch a movie at the same time. No biggie, just take the laptop with me over to the TV. Yea, right! Stupid thing couldn't even last two seconds on battery before it died on me and didn't have enough power until later last night to boot up! So here are two cards that I made yesterday for yesterdays' different challenges!

First off it was Ashley's BrainWave Challenge yesterday. She went with a sketch. (sorry, no presketch this time, you will have to go by my card) Keywords for SCS are BWC16 if you decide to play along.

I used Creepy Crawly that will be released from Treehouse on August 7th. I colored the hat with Prismacolor pencils and oderless minerals. Had to add some google eyes to the spider. Made my own pattern paper by stamping the spider and the words EEK on the textured orange cardstock. Happy Halloween is just one of the sentiments that comes with the set. The bling is from KaiserCrafts that i managed to get at CHA this past weekend.



Next we have the sketch challenge (SC186) combined with the color challenge (CC176 - River Rock, Soft Sky, Very Vanilla) from SplitcoastStampers. More sneak peeks of Treehouse stamps that will be released on August 7th. Oliver Owl and What a Hoot!

I watercolored Oliver with River Rock ink. Added just a tad bit of Old Olive and Creamy Caramel for the branch/leaves. Sponged Soft Sky on all of the Very Vanilla pieces. Weathered is stamped in River Rock on the Very Vanilla. Added some Vanilla ribbon to the Soft Sky cardstock to finish off the card.

Stamp credits:
Creepy Crawly - Treehouse; orange, green, black, white cardstock; black ink; prismacolor pencils, oderless minerals, ribbon, google eyes, rhinestones.
Oliver Owl, What a Hoot! - Treehouse; river rock, very vanilla, soft sky, black cardstock; black, river rock, soft sky, old olive, creamy caramel ink; ribbon, sponge, aqua painter.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Both card are way cute Amber. I like that witchy hat.

Mandy said...

Oh my gosh...those little googlie eyes on the spider are to die for! Love 'em! ;)

Anonymous said...

I love this card!! The colors are so unusual for the images and I think it makes it stand out. Great job!