Monday, July 14, 2008

Altered Business card tin

I am headed to CHA here in a few days and need something to hold my business cards that I made. Mom and I happened to check out the $1.00 Spot at Target last week and found this cute little 'lunchbox' tin. (They had other colors/candies but I was wanting some LemonHeads!)



The Try a New Technique today was to do the Grid Technique. I don't own a score pal but do have a scorer blade that goes on my Fiskar trimmer. I stamped the Print Pattern in Brocade Blue on to Brocade Blue paper and then scored the Print Pattern. The image, which is Annie LaPoint's Be Calm by MFT, was colored with watercolor crayons and inks. Sponging was done around the sides with Brocade Blue first and then Chocolate Chip. I managed to take off the handle so that I could put the ribbon all the way around the middle of the tin. I haven't added the handle back on yet as I'm not sure if I want to.

stamp: Annie LaPoint's Be Calm - MFT, Print Pattern; ink: black, brocade blue, chocolate chip; paper: brocade blue, chocolate chip, vanilla; accs: ribbon, scorer bladee, sponge

2 comments:

Reality Show Reject said...

I have seen these tins at the Dollar Tree and have stopped myself from buying them because I wasn't sure what I'd do with them. Now I know! Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Hello
Your creations are beautiful, j'adore.
AmitiƩs
Rachel