Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Brainwave Challenge #14

It's Wednesday so that means it is Brainwave Challenge time! This time around, Ashley has come up with a cute sketch for the challenge. Don't forget to use the keywords, BWC14, if you upload to SCS. Please play along, any stamps are allowed, they don't have to be Treehouse stamps but hey, if you have Treehouse stamps, why not use them.



I decided to make a short long card. I also liked the color challenge from yesterday on SCS that I used those colors again! I used Simply Organic from Treehouse. Embossed the flowers in clear and then watercolored them with Groovy Guava and sponged the edges with all three colors (barely banana, groovy guava, chocolate chip). Now I don't own a Craft Chocolate Chip pad so how was I able to emboss? I stamped the image first in Versamark and in my classic Chocolate chip pad and then stamped on the cardstock! Poured on the embossing powder and embossed! Added a little saying at the bottom (still Simply Organic set) and then added some grosgrain ribbon with a little bow.

stamp: Simply Organic; paper: chocolate chip, groovy guava, barely banana, very vanilla; ink: barely banana, groovy guava, chocolate chip, versamark; accs; clear embossing powder, aquapainter, ribbon, sponge

close up of the bow


Don't forget to check out the other ladies of Treehouse Stamps to see what they did for the Brainwave Challenge!

Ashely Bowen
Karen Hunsaker
Michelle Kovack
Vicky Gould

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that bow!! Great card!

Denise Clark said...

Beautiful card and that bow if perfect!

Denise

Anonymous said...

Your bow is wonderful!! I like the elegant look to this card.

Anonymous said...

i love the inking on this card. very pretty

Michele Kovack said...

This is gorgeous!!! Love the earthy colors and that bow!