Monday, June 9, 2008

Vintage card

When I first saw the new stamp line by MFT, I wanted to make a Vintage card. This stamp from the new line is perfect for paper toile.

I used distress inks: tattered rose, old paper, vintage photo, peeled paint and dusty concord to color my image and distress all my paper. Even the close to cocoa cardstock was distressed with tattered rose. The tub/flowers was cut out and layered with the flowers being cutout again and layered. It is hard to see but I added some Pearlescent watercolor to the flowers that gives them a shine. For the ribbon, I just dragged it along the tattered rose ink pad.

I used Beate's sketch as my layout. Image and Pearlescent watercolors can be found at My Favorite Things.

stamps: Take a Break by MFT; paper: vanilla, close to cocoa; ink: black stazon, distress inks: tattered rose, vintage photo, old paper, dusty concord, peeled paint; accs: Pearlescent watercolors, dimensions, sponge, cuttlebug, ribbon


close up of the flowers, the flowers in each layer are colored even though it doesn't look like it here.

7 comments:

StampOwl said...

pretty card Amber

Michele Kovack said...

This is incredibly gorgeous!!! WOW!

wendyp said...

Very pretty! Love the flowers!

Anonymous said...

great job on this one!

Denise Clark said...

I love the look of this card. The colors, the stamp and sentiment all fit so smoothly together. Nice!

Denise

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card. I love the colours. Great job.

Mandy said...

Isn't that so pretty?!? I love the dimension to your card! And the dots in the background! The colors are also so beautiful!