Tuesday, June 10, 2008

On a roll

Today's color challenge on SCS was So Saffron, Real Red and Regal Rose. Well... I have no Regal Rose paper, at least none that I can find. So I went with sponging Regal Rose onto White cardstock at least for the first card. Yes, I said first card. After I made the first one I decided to try something that I've been wanting to try so I made 2 cards today with the color challenge. I'm on a roll!

For my first card, I used the sketch on the MFT thread for this week. Used the set "Here's the Scoop". Cone and scoops are cutout and on dimensions. Watercolored them in just a little and went over the cone with So Saffron Marker. Took Regal Rose to the cuttlebug piece also. The sentiment is from the "Bundles of Bouquets" (MFT) set. To get the stripes in my ribbon, I took the Regal Rose marker just to the edges of the ribbon.

stamp: Here's the Scoop - MFT; paper: so saffron, white, real red; ink: black stazon, regal rose; acc: sponge, ribbon, markers, hodge podge, scallop oval punch, dimensions


When I got this stamp, I envisioned a Monet look to it. I decided to try using markers straight onto the stamp and spritzing with water. (I know this works on red rubber stamps but wasn't sure about acyrlic stamps.) I colored the flowers with Regal Rose, leaves and middle of pot with So Saffron and the pot with Real Red.

I spritzed the watercolor paper with a little water, Spritzed the stamp a few times with water. Held it for a second or two and then stamped it onto the paper. After the paper dried, I stamped the image again in Brilliance Black. I like the look that came from it. I will have to make a set of cards using this technique with this new stamp line from MFT.

stamp: Annie LaPoint "Take A Break" - MFT; paper: so saffron, real red, watercolor; ink: brilliance black; accs: SU markers Real Red, So Saffron, Regal Rose, vintage brads

2 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Very pretty!!!

Anonymous said...

Like them both!! Great job on the color challenge!