Sunday, June 15, 2008

Inspired by a jacket

I don't usually do the Inspiration challenge that is posted on Saturdays on SCS. I just have a hard time being inspired by a picture of something. But this week I decided to give it a try. We were to use something from a magazine called Acaia to get our inspiration. I had some colors sitting out so I found a Pastel Batik Jacket with those colors. (I want this jacket now!)

I used MFT's "Hey Cupcake" set. Colored in the liners with prismacolor pencils and prismacolor markers. The icing is a seperate stamp that was stamped in worn lipstick distress ink. I added cherries ontop of each cupcake. I distressed each piece of paper with distress inks: tattered rose, old paper and worn lipstick. I also took the distress tool to the layers also. I dyed the ribbon by rubbing it along the worn lipstick distress ink. Added some paper piercing to the corners of the cupcake layer and stamped the cake stand right onto the paper. Linen is stamped on the Certainly Celery.

I'll let you in on a little secret... the saying did and didn't come with the stamp set. It is actually a combo of the two sayings in the set! "Hey" came from "Hey Sweets" and "Cupcake" came from "What's up Cupcake?". Just look at the combo's you can get from just those to sentiments!
For my layout, I used Taylor's cupcake challenge. Happy Belated Birthday, Taylor, this one's for you....

stamp: Hey Cupcake - MFT, Linen; paper: design paper, certainly celery, pretty in pink; ink: distress ink tattered rose, old paper, worn lipstick, black soot, Certainly Celery; accs: paper piercer, distresser tool, ribbon, punch for ribbon, prismacolor markers, prismacolor pencils

1 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

What a beautiful card! Love that jacket too!