Monday, June 23, 2008

Just Because

Miss me? I haven't stamped in over a week! No, I'm not sick (well, some might think so since I haven't stamped). Both my girls are in 4-H and we only have 3 weeks left until judging! (and nothing had been started!!) So what are they taking? Allie (8) is taking sewing, scrapbooking and cooking. Carmen (12) is taking scrapbooking, cooking and llamas. Can you say busy?? (or CRAZY mom??!!) Sewing is almost done, since it is her first year, it is a simple project like a skirt and a bag. As for the rest....well that is another story.

BUT.... I was able to stamp some today. I made the following card for the MFT sketch and for the Try New Technique. The technique was to watercolor using reinkers or if you didn't have reinkers, to squish the ink into the lid and pick it up that way. The colors I used, I didn't have reinkers so I squished the ink into the lid and picked it up with my aquapainter.

I used one of MFT's new line stamps by Annie LaPoint. I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol first and then went back over it with inks picked up with the aquapainter. White gel pen was used on the flowers. Distressed the ovals with Sage Shadow and then with distress ink Vintage Photo. (I used a sponge for both inks if you were wondering) Using my mom's Nestibilities, I cut out the ovals and scalloped ovals. I also used design paper which is a big challenge for me.

stamp: Chamomlie by MFT; ink: black, chocolate chip, sage shadow, creamy caramel, close to cocoa, distress ink vintage photo; paper: Inspire dp (MFT), chocolate chip; accs: ribbon, nestiblities, brads, sponge, white gel pen, prismacolor pencils, gamsol

2 comments:

Ineke said...

Very neat! Some people are so much more handy than i am!

I am running a funny caption competition over in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. Come and join us if you want!

LeAnne said...

Very pretty!