Thursday, April 17, 2008

Dotted Swiss by hand

I decided to combine the color challenge of Blush Blossom, Groovy Guava and Basic Grey (which mine is on order so I used black instead) and the MFT sketch challenge together. I did have an idea for the color challenge but using a different layout but you know how it goes... you start thinking and say "hey, I can do the same thing with that sketch" So I did.

I don't own a cuttlebug. I know, the horrors of it, huh? But I wanted a dotted swiss look to my vellum. So I took my paper piercer guide from my SU tool set and used my smallest stylest that would fit through the holes. Yes, I did make a few holes in the vellum but luckly I was able to cover them up with the image. But next time i am going up to my mom's and running off some on her cuttlebug as this darn card took me almost 3 hrs to complete because of doing it by hand!! But I love the look of it, can't wait to make more cards with the sketch.

I really wanted my background to be dotted swiss embossed too but really didn't feel like doing it by hand so I used Behind the Scenes from MFT stamped in Craft White. I also don't have any black ribbon (it's actaully on order) so I cut a thin piece of cardstock and added dots to it. And then I layered it on Blush blossom paper ribbon. The smallest oval was cut from the oval coluzzle and the rest were just cut to fit. Once again I added dots to around the sentiment. And dots on the scallop oval. I almost added dots to my corners to but my eyes were starting to go a little cross eyed!! Don't think i've ever added that many dots to a card!!

stamp: Thanks a Bunch, Behind the Scenes - My Favorite Things; ink: groovy guava, white, black, old olive; paper: blush blossom, groovy guava, black, vellum; accs: coluzzle, brads, scallop punch, stylus, paper piercer template, white gel pen, square punch to make photo corners, square punch

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

Pretty.....could you emboss some dotted bg's for me too?!! hehe
starla

Unknown said...

This is so pretty, Amber!

Carolyn King said...

love the layout of this---great card!

Kim said...

Very cute Amber!!!