Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A challenge for you

While chatting with a friend one day, we decided to challenge ourselves on using our first stamp set ever. I am opening up that challenge to you. Make a card with your first stamp set that you bought. If you upload it to SCS, use the keywords EMC so that we can comment on it. I can't gaurantee I will be uploading a challenge every week, but am hopefull we will come up with something to keep us in love with stamping. If you have an idea for a challenge, let me know.

So what does the EMC stand for? Erma/Martha Challenge. Everyone is either an Erma or a Martha. Erma being someone who thinks cooking is something that can be made in 10 mins, hates house chores, hates sewing, etc. Martha loves to sew, cook/bake, or alll that "gross" stuff that Erma just can't stand! (It's also a running joke between my friend and I as I am Martha and she is Erma)

So here is my EMC card. My first set was actually Handstitched Holidays but I sold that on ebay a while back as I just couldn't do anything with it! So I went with my second set: Papa's pocket. I love this set for it's detail but still have a hard time coming up with a card. Think it would work so much better on scrapbook pages.
Lots of distressing with ink on my card. Colored in just a bit on the pocket knife. Layout comes from Cardmaker catalog.
stamp: SU's Papa's Pocket, Sanded; ink: distress ink; paper: close to cocoa, vanilla, cranberry crisp, chocolate chip; accs: brads, notched corner punch, sponge, aquapainte

2 comments:

Kristin Edwards said...

Very cute, Amber!! I like the pocket knife too. :) Hope you're doing great. :)

Hugs,
Kristin

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

I love this challenge! I may need to break out my Island Blossoms set! Love the card, too!