Friday, April 18, 2008

The earth laughs in flowers

This weeks challenge with my sassy friends was to case one of the newest member's card. That new member is me! They picked out this card that we had to case. I was told i could sit out since it was my card but i decided to play anyways as it was only fair that i did.

Lo 'n behold, my card fits in with the limited supply challenge which is a long tall card and Sharon's (notimetostamp) challenge which is black accents! I even squeaked in the ways to use it challenge which was acrylics. (of course it feels like cheating as the only acrylic i used was my block that my stamp was clinging to but we were told that still counts.)

I just got the new sets for Treehouse Stamps that will be available April 25th so I decided to use one of the sets for the card. I wanted a simple color scheme and not much on my card other than what i had to case. In keeping with the LSC, I omitted some of the layers that is in my orginal card.

I watercolored the flowers with purely pomegranate ink and added some crystal stickles to the middles. Layered them on dotted swiss cuttlebug piece that i had ran off at mom's. Added my three little brads and stamped the wording straight on the card itself instead of making a tag. Card measures 8x4.

I really like the striking look of the colors even if I keep thinking of Cruella Divel! lol

stamp: Home Grown by Treehouse Stamps; ink: black stazon, purely pomegranate; paper: black, white, purely pomegranate; accs: aqua painter, stickles, ribbon, brads, cuttlebug, acrylic block

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Truely beautiful CASE of yourself!

Anonymous said...

OOOOO!!! I LIKE!
starla

jjcreations said...

Very elegant....Joan