Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A 4 hour card!!

No, this isn't an April Fools joke. This card took me 4 hours to make this morning!

Using the color Challenge of Cameo Coral, Mellow Moss, Creamy Caramel, Apricot Appeal and the Try New Technique of Paper Tole, I sat out to make a card using the new set, that will be released from My Favorite Things this wends, Can Ya Dig It.

Paper Tole involves lots of cutting and layering. I will use the lady as the steps by steps directions. I stamped her three times on white cardstock in black stazon. I then colored all three images the same. One lady is used as the 'base' that I layered onto. I cut out the entire dress minus her arm. Using dimensions, I layerd that on top of the base lady. Then I proceeded to cut out the sleeve of the third image and layered that on to the sleeve using a dimension. The hat and gloves were only layered once. In the close up picture you can see the layerings.

As for the seed packets, I layered them twice but I cut out the veggies from a third image and layered that onto the packets. I wanted it to look like she was holding the trowel so I cut a slit in her gloves and stuck the handle through it.

stamp: Can Ya Dig It by My F avorite Things; ink: black stazon, mellow moss, creamy caramel; paper: apricot appeal, white; accs: watercolor crayons, aquapainter, dimensions, coluzzle, cloud stencil, studs


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this one....now~4 hours might be a TAD long to get it done!! hehee......
Starla

Allison Rankin said...

Such a super take on this type of card! And I hear ya on those long cards...story of my life!

Kim's Life said...

Beautifully done!