Monday, March 31, 2008

MFT Sneak peek

Yup, it's that time again... My Favorite Things sneak peeks! I did the My Favorite Things Sketch which can be found here.

When I first saw the sketch, I automatically thought of the card opening up and the scallop edging being the "inside" of the card (see picture below). I decided to use Behind the Scenes to add polka dots to the dress. This meant masking the flowers. I stamped the lady on white so that I could watercolor in her dress and the flowers with ink and Prisma Watercolor pencils. I stamped her again on Barely Banana as I wanted the saying on that color. Added a little color by watercoloring the flowers and adding some stickles to the middle.

I even found some Primas that match the cardstock perfectly. The frame and lady are on dimensions. I used the 3/16th corner round punch to do the scallop edge to which I also used the Behind the Scenes Dots to add to each scallop. (might be hard to see as it is Barely Banana on Barely Banana)

stamp: Happy Mother's Day, Behind the Scenes - MFT; paper: Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, Mellow Moss; ink: basic black, brocade blue; accs: Prisma Watercolor pencils, aquapainter, primas, brad, stickles, corner round punch
Here is the card "standing" up so you can see how the card opens.
My Favorite Things (www.mftstamps.com) is having a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday, April 2 from 9-11 p.m. Eastern time. Lots of fun is planned including finding out how YOU can be the next MFT Guest Designer. Head over to the MFT forum on www.splitcoaststampers.com to find out all the details and we hope to see you there on Wednesday night.

4 comments:

StampOwl said...

great card love those colors and how it opens

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

This is fantastic!

Michele Kovack said...

Love this!!! So Springy too!

Janine T said...

Very cute Amber!I can hardly wait for Spring. Rain, rain, rain. Bah Humbug!!!I don't want to get out of bed!