Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter (cupcake and card)

Here it is Easter morning and I bet you all are wondering if I got all my sewing done in time? Yes, I did! Even had time to spare as usually I'm working on dresses the night before! lol Hope to get some good pictures of the girls in them to share later on. But for now I have a card I made during the week and another Giant cupcake that I made for today!

Ways to use it visited an old ways to use it challenge which was to use tags. I made my own tags by cutting the corners with SU's ticket punch. And I decided to tear the bottom of the tags to give them a different look. Images are colored with watercolor crayons with a little diamond stickles added to the eggs.

What is cool about acrylic stamps is that you can actually cut them apart but still put them back they way they were originally designed. Like the saying, it comes as 2 lines but I wanted one long line so I cut it apart so I wouldn't have to do any masking when I stamped to get one line. How cool is that?

This card is also for a little challenge I do along with 6 other ladies, we call ourselves the Sassy Seven. You can find our cards in the SCS gallery by using the keyword ' fjk3 ' Last week we were to make an Easter card.

stamps: Hoppy Easter, Eggstra Special - My Favorite Things; ink: black stazon, perfect plum; paper: soft subtles; accs: watercolor crayons, ribbon, stickles, aquapainter, ticket punch

Here is another Giant Cupcake that I made for Easter. My son picked orange as one of the flower colors.



Next week I should be back in full force stamping and posting now that all my sewing is done so don't forget to check back!!
Hope you have an enjoyable/relaxing Easter with family and friends.

3 comments:

carole (TruCarMa) said...

I WANT SOME CUPCAKE!!! Looks so yummy, Amber! How do you make those?

Unknown said...

Yummy!! I hope you saved some for the partay tonight. :D

Taylor said...

Mmmmm... that cupcake looks scrumptious! YUMMY!