Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Sick kids but still find time to stamp!

Welcome to the sick house this week! Last week i had one child sick and now this week I have 2 sick! Mommy needs a break!! So for my break, I made two cards yesterday for the color challenge.

Colors were Whisper White, Soft Sky and Basic Gray (which I still don't have but Emily said we could use Basic Black).

First card features stamps from Treehouse that will be released this Friday and is also for the Featured Stamper challenge on SCS. I have some friends who are expecting their first children. Yes, I said first children... they are expecting twins!! (and I get to babysit them when the mom goes back to work!!) So I made this card for them. The stork is actually carrying only one bundle but since it''s Twins, i cut out another bundle and added it to the stork.
stamp: Baby, Sentiment - Treehouse Stamps; ink: black, soft sky, pretty in pink; paper: soft sky, basic black, whisper white; accs: hodge podge, word window punch, cloud stencil, ribbon

Ever made a card and it went completely different direction than what you had in mind? Well that is what happen with this card! but i like the end results. Flowers are embossed in white embossing powder, flourish is highlighted with white gel pen. All corners were rounded using the 3/16th corner rounder punch from SU. This is going to a very special friend whom I hope draws strength from it.

stamp: Brocade Motifs; ink: black, soft sky, white; paper: soft sky, basic black, whisper white; accs: eyelets, ribbon, white gel pen, white embossing powder, scallop square punch, corner round punch

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Both cards are very beautiful! I sure hope your kids get better soon and you get some relief/rest/ and more stamping time.

Anonymous said...

I hadn't seen your second card...very pretty!
Starla

Paper and Petals said...

Gorgeous card! I love the soft feel of it.