Monday, February 11, 2008

Some Birthday cards

Sorry to be a little MIA there! I do have a couple of cards to share that I made at the end of the week. I made them for several reasons. 1. I need some birthday cards. 2. Loved the layout which brings us to 3. Verve Visual is holding a contest for a Honored Guest spot using this layout.


The first card I made was for my Dad's birthday. I used Wildlife Reserve by Stampin' UP! I pulled out my favorite masculine combo color of River Rock and Chocolate Chip. Using Flannnel Plaid by Stampin' UP! I stamped it in River Rock on River Rock. Stamped the bear in Chocolate Chip and distressed the edges with some more Chocolate Chip ink. I used Everyday Flexible Phrases to stamp "happy birthday" in Chocolate Chip. A little paper piercing around the two edges and gold brads set off the card.


stamp set: Wildlife Reserve, Flannel Plaid, Everyday Flexible Phrases; Ink: Chocolate chip, River Rock; paper: very vanilla, chocolate chip, river rock; accs: brads, word window punch, paper piercing tool




My next card using the sketch, I wanted it to be a little more elegant looking as it was going to a girlfriend of mine. So I went with Perfect Plum and Brush Gold. I decided on Brocade Motifs as I love that set. I stamped Canvas in Pale Plum onto Whisper white and stamped the flourishes from Brocade Motifs in Perfect Plum. Sponged on some Perfect plum around the edges. Stamped the flourish in the square and sponged the edges too. Pulled out my handy dandy distresser tool from Stampin' UP! and went to town on all the layers but the bottom white. The entire Perfect Plum layer is paper pierced. I wanted some sparkle on the card so i added some Dazzling Diamond glitter to the middle of the motif with my 2-way glue pen. The Motif is cut out and on a dimension. Happy Birthday from It's Your Birthday is stamped in Perfect Plum. Gold brads finished off the card. I hope she likes it as I really loved it.

stamp set: Brocade Motifs, Canvas, It's Your Birthday; ink: Perfect Plum, Pale Plum; paper: Brushed Gold, Perfect Plum, Whisper White; accs: gold brads, dimension, Dazzling Diamond glitter, 2-way pen, paper piercing tool

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your cards are beautiful!

Kristine said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I just found your blog from your comment on my card in the gallery. :) I noticed your birthday countdown--when was your birthday? Mine's today! Spending a little time blog-browsing. LOVE yours. This card is really nice with the gold accents! ;)

Kristine said...

Oh wow. I didn't realize both cards had the same comments, so I'll post another :) Your bear card is really neat too!! I LOVE this sketch layout--works so well for both your cards. I'll have to try this one! :)