Thursday, February 7, 2008

Guest Hostess

Jen70 put out a call for help for the Limited Supply Challenge and I answered. So here is my Limited supply Challenge (LSC154): Non-Traditional Valentine
  • No Heart stamps
  • No Flower stamps
  • No shades of RED
  • Limited layers (try for 4 or less)
  • Limited embellishments (still no hearts/flowers or shades of red)

For my card, I pulled out Stampin' UP!'s Boatload of Love. I used watercolor crayons to color my boat. Rich Regal eyelets for the portals. Clouds were made by tracing coins on scratch paper, cutting it out and sponging over the template. Saying is stamped in white craft. I made waves out of Brocade Blue cardstock and popped up the first set of waves so the boat could go in between the waves. Now for the fun part, the boat moves!

See that piece of blue sticking out at the side of the card? Pull it and the boat moves the length of the wave!

stamp set: Boatloads of Love; ink: black stazon;
paper: white, brocade blue; accs: watercolor crayons,
aquapainter, eyelets, dimensionals, hand made cloud template

Man! I wish my clouds showed up better. They are really neat looking and show up really well in real life.

3 comments:

Neva said...

Amber, this is just darling, did not realize the boat was in motion too. great job. I forgive you for not allowing red .... this time...LOL. Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Great 3D waves!! Fun Challenge! I actually came up with TWO!! Thanks!!

squirrellyshirley

Lisa C. said...

haha, Love the clouds, I see them perfectly and what a great way to make your template! Love info on how to make the boat move!