Sunday, February 24, 2008

My weekend theme

I am going to make the weekend blog postings a theme. That theme will be "Old Revisited", I will be posting cards, cakes or just pictures that I had made before I started blogging. I'm going with this theme as I haven't seemed to stamped the past couple of weekends but I still want to post to my blog.

So for today, here are two cards that I picked from my card album:

This card was for the Ways to use it challenge #81 back in Oct.'06 which was to take a color combo from the color wheel or a color site. Thanks to Laura and her site: http://www.scraptitude.com/colorcombo/ for the color combo. The 'my friend' is actually mounted on going gray! Funny how the gray even took on the amethyst color. I decided to decorate the envelope which isn't something i do very often, I should but don't think about it!

stamp set: Blossoms Abound, Canvas; ink: cameo coral, almost amethyst, barely banana, going gray, gable green ; cardstock: almost amethyst, barely banana, going gray, gable green; accs: eyelet


This card was for 4 challenges on Splitcoaststampers back in Nov.'06! Try a New Technique #89 - Mirror,Mirror; Color Combination #87; Sketch Challenge#97; Ways to Use It #86 - Liquid Applique. This was a birthday card for Dh's boss/friend. I made the snowflakes in the "water" with the white gel pen.

stamp set: Wildlife Reserve, Flannel Plaid, Rough around the Edges wheel; ink: chocolate chip, Basic Brown; paper: cool caribbean, chocolate chip, white, more mustard; accs: liquid applique, brads, watercolor pencils, white gel pen

I had a great time sewing yesterday for my little one. She was so proud to try on her dress that her mommy made her! I still have to make a matching hat before I post a picture of the entire outfit. While sewing the dress, I had the strongest urge to sew on a card. But I repressed the urge and kept on sewing the dress! But just maybe I'll sew on a card soon enough. It's not that hard to sew on paper as that is how i was taught to sew at first and how I will teach Allie, my 8 yr old, when she takes sewing in 4-H this summer. hehe I'll have to post her "sewing" on paper when she does...well that is if she isn't better than me!! ;)

1 comments:

Erin Bigler said...

This card is simply BEAUTIFUL! I just discovered your blog thru your Treehouse Stamps llama card (I LOVE Treehouse...are you on their design team? What a dream come true that would be!), and will check back often! Thanks for supplying my daily shot of artistic inspiration!