Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Chick MFTeaser

I've been wanting to do Beate's sketch challenge that she has posted on her blog. I knew exactly what set i wanted to use too! So going to bed last night, I kept my fingers crossed that Emily would pick a color combo with a yellow or orange in it. First thing this morning i checked Splitcoaststampers to see what great color combo laid instore for today.

Real Red, Apricot Appeal and Ballet Blue. Yes!! I can work with those colors!!

I pulled out Eggstra Special Easter by My Favorite Things, due to be released Feb.6th, as I wanted to use the chick. (see why i wanted yellow so much as a color combo?) I stamped her on watercolor paper in black stazon ink. Using markers, I colored her in with Apricot Appeal. I used the aquapainter to remove some color so she wasn't so bright/dark. Each chick got a different color bow. I took ink directly from the ink pad to color in the sky (the white cardstock was just too stark for me).

On the Ballet Blue cardstock, I stamped a little chick, that resembles the main one, in Ballet Blue. This little chick is from an older set by My Favorite Things called Hoppy Easter. I made the little tag using the notched corner punch. The wording "Hey Chick!" is also from the Eggstra Special Easter set.

stamp set: Eggstra Special Easter, Hoppy Easter - My Favorite Things; paper: ballet blue, real red, apricot appeal, watercolor; ink: black stazon, blue ballet; accs: brads, notched punch, aquapainter, markers


My Favorite Things (http://www.mftstamps.com/) is having a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday, February 6 from 9-11 p.m. Eastern time. Lots of fun is planned including finding out how YOU can be the next MFT Guest Designer. Head over to the MFT forum on http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ to find out all the details and join us there on Wednesday night.

Hope to see you there. I'm working on a project just for that night!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Saw this card on SCS and fell head over hells with this cute little chick. I have a feeling this little birdie will be roosting at my house very soon. Super cute card. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

ok.....I may have to look at this set....pretty cute!
Starla

Unknown said...

This is too cute!! Thanks for sharing and enabling. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey there Amber....just blurfin' tonight for the first time....and your blog is AWESOME!! Love the libraian gifts, butterflies on a CAKE???, christmas pictures and that CUPCAKE pan is to DIE for!! I'll be back........

Squirrellyshirley