Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Why did you put the dogs in the water, Mom?

A small group of us on SCS decided to come up with some challenges to do over the long weekend. I am still catching up on them. One of them was a no layer card. Well, I already had an image colored on some white cardstock just begging to be finished. Usually I like to keep my no layer cards with just the image and a saying.

But this time I felt like combining a few sets. I wanted the lady and her dogs to be walking on the beach.

I colored them in using Prismacolor markers. I then masked them off and added in the beach, water and sky. The beach and water was sponged in while the sky was stippled in.



Stamp set: By the Seashore, Let's go for a Walk by My Favorite Things; Ink: black stazon, distress ink: mustard seed, scattered straw, tattered rose, vintage photo, broken china, worn lipstick; Acces: stickles, stipple brush, sponge


This is what my card looked like (minus the hat) while I was doing the water and sky.

My 5 yr old saw this and said "Mom! Why did you put the dogs in the water??!!" "And where is her
head?"

I took the mask off (without him seeing) and showed him that the dogs weren't really in the water at all. Being the smarty pants that he is, he said "I knew that Mom, I was tricking you" KIDS!!! But he still wants to know where her head is even though i told him it's under her hat!

0 comments: