Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Time Well Spent

For todays sketch on Splitcoaststampers, I decided to pull out a new Stampin' UP! set that I haven't played with. I used Time Well Spent which is a level 3 hostess set. (If you would like to know how you can get this free, contact me via email to set up a workshop) I've had this set for awhile but just hadn't played with it. Not my normal style so this card took a while. I do like how it turned out though.


I was in a purple mood so I went with all different shades of purples. I started out coloring the hearts in with markers on watercolor paper. I colored with light color first and then outlined with a darker color. I took my aquapainter to blend the colors together... ugghhh it looked nasty so I figured, what the heck, Let's spritz some water on the paper. Well.. that made the hearts run which went all over the watercolor paper. So now my watercolor paper is 'colorful'.



Stamp set: Time well Spent; Ink: Black stazon, Orchid Opulence; Paper: Orchid Opulence, Lovely lilac, watercolor, basic black; Acces: markers, water, photo corner punch


I should note that this card seemed to take forever for me today. I wasn't even half way through when my 11 yr old sat down and whipped out a card for the sketch! She went with Rain or Shine from My Favorite Things. Colored with markers and a little bit of aquapainter and ink. It was her idea to cut out the boots and tie them to the brad. (actually all her stamping is her ideas, I just help her cut the paper and stamp the images if need be.) I had better watch her.. think she is after my job!!
Stamp set: Rain or Shine by My Favorite Things; Ink: Black stazon; Paper: Cool Caribbean, Gable Green, white, black; Acces: Markers, aquapainter, brads, dmc floss




1 comments:

Michele Cronsell said...

I love the way you cut the boots out at the bottom. :) Cute.