Thursday, January 3, 2008

Wedding cake and cleaning bug

There seems to be this cleaning bug going around Splitcoast so I decided to jump in too! I cleaned off my table last night and today i am going to organize my paper and hopefully go through my SU sets that I no longer want.

Since I'm taking today off from stamping (well at least anything I can post :) ), I thought I'd pull something out of my folder that I did a few years ago.

As I have stated on the side in my little bio about Me... I love to decorate cakes. So I thought I would share with you my first wedding cake I made and decorated a few years ago for a dear couple. The bride loved butterflies and I happen to have a misc butterfly stamp laying around.

After doing some research, I decided to stamp the butterfiles on vellum cardstock in SU black ink. I colored them using SU markers. I then applied a thin layer of clear piping gel to both sides so that the ink would not run off on to the cake. I cut the butterflies apart and reattached them to the cake using royal icing.

(k, now I'm hungry for cake!!)

Well, back to cleaning. You never know what I could find that I may put up for sale! Stay tuned and if you don't hear from me or see a recent upload on SCS by tomorrow ... call out the search and rescue team!

0 comments: