Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Walk

Every week there is a sketch posted in the My Favorite Things forum on Splitcoaststampers. There is no time limit as to when the sketch has to be done. And you don't have to use MFT sets if you don't own any. This week it was a circle within a square. (or you could change it a bit if you liked but I try, notice try, to keep within the guidelines)


I'll admit, for some reason I have a hard time with circles on my cards. Maybe because I don't own anything that cuts out a circle for me. (well I do now as my mom gave me her circle coluzzle!) So I ran up to my mom's to use her Nestibilites.


I used Walk along the Seashore as my main image. Colored with Prismacolor markers. Masked the lady and the dog so I could add in the waves. And then it was stipple time! I used my Distress inks and just started stippling. I started with the water first, then the beach and then finally the sunset. The tide is coming in as there is a little bit of water under her feet.

Her hat and the bird are on dimenisons. I decided to carry the main image's background onto the square. Used the photo corner punch and made faux brads with the white gel pen.

Stamps: Walk along the Seashore by My Favorite Things; Paper: prism blue, white, pink; Ink: Distress ink black and various colors; Accs: Prismacolor markers, dimensions, stipple brush, Nestibilites, photo corner punch

To see what others have done using this sketch, check out this gallery: MFTSC13

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your bg coloring!!
starla

Jean McKenzie said...

Love everything about this card Amber. I especially like the colours and the way you have coloured it. Beautiful!

Cheers, Jean in Australia

Kim said...

These are beautiful Amber!