Saturday, January 19, 2008

Some catching up

Sorry I haven't posted for awhile. No excuses really, just taking a little break from blogging. But not from stamping!! So here are 3 cards from this past weeks challenges.

Combonation of the color challenge and sketch challegne, using the set called Snowball Fight by Treehouse Stamps. Stamped the turtle, sign and snowballs on watercolor paper with black stazon. Used SU markers for coloring, aquapainter to lift some marker off here and there for shading. Used Diamond stickles on the snowballs and dotted for snow and under the turtle for snow. Sponged around the turtle with apricot appeal and sage shadow. Sign and snowballs are on dimensions. Setting the Stage by My Favorite Things (the little doodles at the top corners)
Stamp sets: Snowball Fight - TreeHouse Stamps, Setting the Stage - My favorite Things; ink: black stazon; paper: Rose Red, Apircot Appeal, Sage Shadow, watercolor; accs: markers:Rose Red, Apircot Appeal, Sage Shadow; aquapainter, eyelets, diamond stickles, crop-a-dile


The Ways To Use it challenge was to use embossing powder. I did a really simple card using Punny Farm by My Favorite Things. Using the cow, I stamped him in versamark and embossed him in detailed Black embossing powder. Colored his spots with Prismacolor black marker. Around the cow, I dry embossed a rectangle. Wording is also embossed in detail black embossing powder.

stamps: Punny Farm - My Favortie Things; Ink: Versamark; paper: white, black; Accs: detail black embossing powder, Prismacolor black marker, dry embossing tools

I loved the Limited Challenge this week, using background stamps ... no cuttlebug or design paper. No problem for me as i don't own a Cuttlebug and I don't use much design paper on my cards. (I tend to hoard it! lol)

1-2 background stamps, a main image set and optional sentiment, 2 colors plus a neutral, any quick tools (except Cuttlebug), any kind of Embellishments but keep it simple

I took a layout from the SU demo Stampin' Sucess. Used Icing on the Cake set by My Favorite Things. In the set is a background stamp of stars. I love this stamp, don't ask me why, just love those stars.

Anyways, I stamped in River Rock on River Rock. Used a scallop rectangle punch for the chocolate chip. Added a little bit of Going Gray for my neutral color. Double stamped sentiment. (did you know with acrylic stamps you can bend the sentiments? "Make a Wish" is actually straight but I curved it on my block before stamping! How cool is that.) Cupcake was stamped on white in black stazon and watercolored in with the inks. Tis up on a dimension. Added some Chocolate chip ribbon for my simple embellishment.

stamps: Icing on the Cake by My Favortie Things; Ink: chocoalte chip, river rock, black stazon; paper: River Rock, Chocolate Chip, Going Gray; Accs: Chocolate chip ribbon, aquapainter, scallop rectangle punch, dimension

0 comments: