Thursday, December 27, 2007


Yesterday's sketch challenge on Splitcoast was to have a circle at the top of your card. I was drawing a blank so I actually went and did dishes! *gasp* But doing dishes was very theraputic as I came up with an idea. I remembered the Safari stamps I had gotten from Rubbernecker and how a few of them are already in circles!!

So I inked up my rhino in black stazon and proceeded to watercolor him with Prismacolor watercolor pencils (that hubby got me for Christmas). The sky and trees are all done with Prismacolor markers. I had found the paper at Joanns, it looks just like Rhino skin! The happy Birthday saying is from set of My Favorite Things.

Stamps: Rhino in a Circle - Rubbernecker, happy birthday from MFT; Paper: white, dp, black; Ink: Black stazon; Accs: Prismacolor watercolor pencils, Prismacolor markers

Today's challenge was a rerun. Using Stazon. I only own Black stazon so far and love it. It is the best ink to watercolor with. Lucky for me I had already stamped and watercolored an image and it was laying on my table. What a motive to get it on a finished card!


I decided to do the My Favorite Things sketch for this week too. When I was coloring the image I had it in my head to make her out in a snow storm taking the dog to the bathroom. (I can thank my brother and his family for the inspiration as they just got the same dog as the stamp this past week and had been talking about taking him out to go potty and how close to the ground he is, etc!)

Using liquid applique, I applied it to my card and covered the poor little doggie's legs and his nose! I think she has been out in the snow for some time now as her umbrella is getting covered too! I stippled some white craft ink on the sky and added some white embossing powder to it.

Image was colored with my Christmas present, Prismacolor Watercolor pencils! I also used some Prismacolor Markers (my hubby had to have them for a college art class 12-13 yrs ago and they still work great!) too. The sky was brayerd on using Michelle's tips. I used Bashful blue and Not quite navy. Snowflakes are embossed in clear on the panel and in versamark on the card front.

Stamps: Rain or Shine, Snowflakes from Baby, It's cold outside, saying from Essential Sentiments; Paper: Green, yellow, white; Ink: Black stazon, bashful blue, not quite navy, versamark; Accs: liquid applique, corner punch, clear embossing powder, twill tape, dimenisions, Prismacolor watercolor pencils, Prismacolor markers

1 comments:

SmilynStef said...

That "rhino skin" paper is the perfect background for your beautifully colored animal ... love what you did with the sketch.