Friday, December 28, 2007

Some exciting news and New Year's Eve party

I've got some exciting news to share. I've been asked to be on My Favorite Things Design team! I accepted of course. I'll be working with a talented bunch of ladies, a few whom I chat with on SCS.

Today's Limited Supply, Jen gave us a list to follow:

Stamps:one stamped image that can be colored, optional: sentiment, optional: an image to ground the main image like an oval, grass, etc.

Paper: any shade of white, 2-3 patterns of designer paper, NO other colored cardstock

Tools: NO specialty tools (No punches, No CB, No Piercer, etc), any coloring tools, sponges OK

Embellishments: one piece of ribbon


I used Hearts Galore from MFT and Sassy Sayings for my sentiment. I needed an anniversary card for this weekend and thought that the stamp in this set would be perfect. I stamped in black stazon and used distress reinkers to color with. Thank goodness we could sponge! lol I sponged on some distress inks around the image and the main card itself.

I used two different designer papers and a little bit of ribbon. Layout came from the Cardmaker's Sketchbook and is 5x5.

stamps: Hearts Galore, Sassy Sayings - My Favorite Things; paper: white, dp; ink: black stazon, distress inks; accs: distress reinkers, aquapainter, ribbon, sponge







Now where does a New Years Eve party come in to play when we are still a few days away from that? Our local library holds a New Years Eve party for the kids, usually on New Years Eve but they are closed then this year.

The kids get to make a craft (they made a pop up card with the numbers 2008 on the inside. At the left is Benjamin putting glitter on his number!) a noise maker, have a snack and then count down to noon.
Some times they have balloons filled with confetti attached to strings and the kids pop them when they count down. This year they filled a 'paper' sheet with confetti/balloons and attached that to the ceiling. The children's librarian pulled a string through the sheet and it ripped open over top of the kids.





I love this picture as I caught the balloons falling. That is my oldest, Carmen, holding the little one right in the middle. They all ended up with confetti in their hair but i think we actually left it all in the library this year! (we are usually picking up confetti at home the next few days after the party!)
Thanks to Ashley for making a banner for me. :)

3 comments:

StampOwl said...

Congrats Amber .... so excited to be working with you!

Tammy said...

Congrats on your being appointed to MFT! And it is well deserved for the fine work you do! WTG!
Happy New Year!
Tammy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Amber! We're going to have a blast on MFTDT together! Happy New Year!