Monday, December 31, 2007

Last post of the year!

Figured I had better get one last post in before the year is up. I didn't do much stamping this weekend as it has been family time. Took the kids out shopping to spend their Christmas money. Hit the clearence racks.. my favorite places to shop! lol


Emily posted the color challenge way early today so I was able to do some stamping before the year was up. I combined my card with the color challenge, the MFT sketch and a challenge a group of us came up with just to give us a push to stamp this holiday weekend/week.

I pulled out Dino-Mite (as I haven't used it at all and that was one of the 'challenges') from My Favorite Things to use. Stamped him in stazon and watercolored him in with SU inks, Certainly Celery, Real Red and Taken with Teal. I used the retired SU cloud stencil to make taken with teal clouds. I made the clouds cover the entire background cause you know, dinosaurs are pretty tall.. you wouldn't be able to see the ground in the image!

The cupcake, the balloons and the little saying all come from the Dino-Mite set. But I liked the stars from the Icing on the cake (My Favorite Things) and wanted to use them somehow... they are soo perfect for a background with this set. I did add a little bit of yellow stickles to the candle.
stamp set: Dino-Mite, Icing on the Cake from My Favorite Things; Ink: Black stazon, real red, certainly celery, taken with teal; Paper: real red, certainly celery, taken with teal, white; Accs: diminsion, stickles, cloud stencil
I am going to close the 2007 year with a few Christmas cards that I haven't uploaded to SCS yet but am totally in love with.
All three cards use the same image, Thomas Kinkade Village Chirstmas from Cornish Heritage Farms and cardstock is Stampin' Up!. Enjoy the cards.
ink: black stazon; Irredescent Ice embossing powder
ink: black stazon; Irredescent Ice embossing powder
Ink: distress Vintage photo, stickles
Happy New Year and thanks for visiting my blog. Hope to see you all and many more in the following year.

1 comments:

StampOwl said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh love those cards ... may have to get some of those TK stamps one day