Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Pumpkin Mousse?

While that does sound yummy, I'm afraid the only Pumpkin Mousse recipe I have for you is the a sneak peek of a Pumpkin MOOSE card i made! Yes, I said pumpkin MOOSE. Now why would I pick pumpkin to color a moose?? Well I didn't but Emily on SCS did for today's color challenge called Rosey Celery.


I had just gotten my Treehouse images yesterday so I figured i would see how the color combo looked on the moose. (note: I did start this card at 4 am as little one had fallen asleep way early last night so she woke up around 2:30am and was wide awake until 5am!! So please forgive me if the color combo didn't turn out just right! lol)
So here is a sneak peek as these stamps have not been released to the public... soon though, very soon.
Watercolored the moose in pumpkin, used certainly celery marker and rose red marker on his scarf. Embossed Rubbernecker snowflake in clear on the rose red cardstock. Used Cornish Heritage Farms "Ribbons" set to make my faux ribbon as I thought I had certainly celery ribbon but I am all out.. guess what will be on my next order! Used mini scallop scissors on the layers and the circle punch for the words. Wording is on dimensions.
I then added some liquid applique on the moose and under him to make it look like he is out in the snow. I also added some to his snowball. Heated to make it puff up. But before I heated it, I pour on some iridescent ice embossing powder over top of the liquid applique. Why you ask? The embossing powder helps the raised liquid applique to keeps it shape and not get 'squished' when touched/mailed etc!
Stamp sets: Treehouse stamps, Rubbernecker snowflake, Cornish Heritage Farms "Ribbons"; paper: Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery, white; Ink: black, versamark, pumpkin pie; Acces: liquid applique, embossing powder, dimensionals, mini scallop scissors, markers
Another sneak peek of some more stamps being released from TreeHouse stamps very soon. The snowman and wording. Used markers on the snowman, liquid applique with embossing powder, clear embossed snowflakes and faux ribbon. Also put crystal effects on his buttons.
Stamp sets: Treehouse stamps, Rubbernecker snowflake, Cornish Heritage Farms "Ribbons"; paper: Real Red, Certainly Celery, white; Ink: black, versamark; Acces: liquid applique, embossing powder, dimensionals, mini scallop scissors, markers, crystal effects

0 comments: