Friday, December 21, 2007

My first love

Before I found stamping, I had another love. Sewing! It was my first love for a very long time and still holds a part of my heart. I couldn't really tell you what I have more of though, stamping supplies or sewing supplies! I own both a Viking Husqvarna sewing machine and a Viking Husqvarna serger. I collect material, sewing feet, thread, etc like collect stamps! What can I say? When you fall in love, you fall in love forever!

Every year I always make my girls Christmas dresses. Well, this year I was unable to do that BUT... I am making each of them and my niece a Jean Purse. I have finished one so far and only have 3 left to do. (of course now I have to do at least one of them while the girls are asleep since school is out for Christmas!)

Each purse is made from a pair of Jeans that had torn knees and are too small for my son. The handles come from the legs and are lined with the same material that is lining the bag. I only serged the belt to keep it from fraying. Each purse will be different as each pair of jeans is different. I'm also lining them to what each likes.

Here is one purse that I finished today for my oldest. Of course I had to buy that material to line the purse when I saw it. (sorry, buckeyes)
For more detailed directions, please see Jean Book Bag as that is what i followed. If you have any questions on what I did or may have done different then her (as i don't always follow sewing directions to the tee), please ask away. I will do my best to help.
Call me crazy but i'm thinking of making a few up to sell. They are too cute and I can't wait to finish the other three.

7 comments:

Carolyn King said...

You are NOT crazy...this is adorable...I am in awe....what a fabulous gift Amber!!!

Anonymous said...

These are CUTE!!!
Starla

Anonymous said...

cute,cute,cute!!!

Kittie said...

This is absolutely darling, Amber. I know the girls will love them. I hope you can post a picture of them all so we can see the difference with lining, etc.

Karen said...

I think you should make them and send them to your old original stalking friend that moved from Virginia to Arizona this year! How's that for specific? lol This is oh so cute Amber! I love it and I am sure your girls and niece will too! If not, you have my address!

dawnmercedes said...

Ooh, thanks for the link, I'll have to check it out. I love making things for my DD!

Ann said...

This is fabulous Amber!!! Love it - except the lining!! I am an MSU fan!!